[Apple] TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harsh

Jun 18, 2010
Another Great Release by Steve Jobs!, I visited the Apple HQ on sunday, Luckily steve jobs passed by :), I was asking what the Apple TV was and he was like: "No more netflix"
Here is a overview of the "iTV":
cessor

Apple A4 chip
System requirements
Wi-Fi (802.11 a, b, g, or n) wireless network (wireless video streaming requires 802.11a, g or n) or 10/100BASE-T Ethernet network
iTunes Store account for renting movies and TV shows
Netflix account for streaming Netflix content
For streaming media from a Mac or PC:
iTunes 10.1 or later; iTunes Store account for Home Sharing
Ports and interfaces
HDMI2
Optical audio
10/100BASE-T Ethernet
Built-in IR receiver
Micro-USB (for service and support)
Environmental requirements
Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
Storage temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)
Power
Built-in 6-watt universal power supply
Wireless
Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
Video formats
H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
Audio formats supported
HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through
Photo formats
JPEG, GIF, TIFF
TV compatibility
Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI and capable of 720p 60/50Hz,2 including popular models from these manufacturers: Hitachi, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, NEC, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung, Sony, Sharp, Toshiba, Vizio, Westinghouse

:)

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Just another example of Apple trying to create a monopoly on all of their products by not allowing competitors on their devices if the Netflix thing is true.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
'Even more flicks with Netflix.
From classics to recent Hollywood favorites, Netflix on Apple TV puts even more movies and TV shows within reach of your remote.3 Apple TV smartly organizes the huge Netflix catalog of HD and SD titles so you can find exactly what you’re looking for in a matter of clicks. When you find something you like, watch it right away or add it to your instant-watch queue. Since Apple TV lets you access your Netflix account directly from your HDTV, you can ditch all the computer-to-TV adapters and skip straight to the part where you press Play.'
URL -

I think it's very cool tbh, I would buy it but it sucks you can't stream movies or TV shows from your Apple TV to your iPhone or iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread