[API]Picify![Captcha]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
logo.png

Well, it's been forever since I started on any project. So I've decided to start a captcha API.
Picify! Captcha is a simple and secure captcha that will protect your site against multiple bot attacks.

Hey, wait! Hasn't this project already been released?
If you've noticed that I've already released this captcha library before, I indeed did so. But this is a re-write which will be more secure and simpler to use. The old library will still be supported by the . This will be hosted as a seperate product and the access codes from the Hydr API will not work.

This project is currently in the beta stage, if you want to try it out on your site, please PM me!

Site: [ ]
Demo: [ ]

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Seems cool, I was going to make a little captcha script myself, I probably will use this when released, also the second lot of numbers is always 137?

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Seems cool, I was going to make a little captcha script myself, I probably will use this when released, also the second lot of numbers is always 137?
Thanks! And well, it's a random number usage that is related to time. So pretty much the same when used during a period of time.

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
This looks very good, I might use it if I ever get around to making a user system I planned on using :up:

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Looks cool man, I was going to develop something like this and implement it into sUS V2.​
Good luck.​

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
This looks very good, I might use it if I ever get around to making a user system I planned on using :up:
Thanks, PM me if you want to try it out anytime! :)

Looks cool man, I was going to develop something like this and implement it into sUS V2.

Good luck.
Cool! Hope sUS goes well! Also, please give me a PM if you wanna try it out ;)

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
UPDATE

logo.png
I've made the API JSON-only compatible at the moment as I am thinking about adding POST method or not (As it is much slower).
Also, I've created a library with a demo access code to access the API. I may delete the access code anytime. Hopefully, the library will enable you to understand how Picify! API works.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Looking great, didnt you start a captcha in the past? or release one?
I just remember a thread and wasnt sure if it was you

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010

Yeah he has, he said it in the second paragraph, xD. - Looking good, Jian, keep it up.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Thanks! The old one will be an outdated one and will not be supported anymore, although it will still be functional (As long as I did not disable that feature in the Hydr API).

Yeah he has, he said it in the second paragraph, xD. - Looking good, Jian, keep it up.
Thanks for your support!

UPDATE

logo.png
I will be adding a themeing support. Which means there will be themes that you can use to change how your Picify! Captcha looks. You can grab styles directly from the API database or use your own custom CSS file! I'll be putting up the updated library in a few days time. :) 
The current styles are:
UE2bXkhp2Ja0.png
StwvK7Dy2Ja0.png
Lavish

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
They are not really different themes, They are just 2 different colous. They are different styles

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
They are not really different themes, They are just 2 different colous. They are different styles
Well, you're right, but It's an example on how you can extend the usage of the Picify! captcha. :)

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
UPDATE
logo.png
Just updated the Picify! JSON API! (Revision JSON.1.1)
To create your own style, you need to know how the pre-made styles work!
Here is an example for the default style:
New Feature(s)
  • Updated image captcha answers.
  • Changed word algorithms.
  • You can now use custom styles!
Reference Library (Updated!)
Download: [ ]
Please note that the previous library that I released is still compatible with the API. You can still use it. 
UPDATE
I've merged the Picify! API database with the main database of Hydr and now you can finally generate your own API access codes to use Picify!
Generate your own access codes:
I'll still be updating Picify! as there will be more features to add and I won't be updating the Picify! Library anytime sooner. So it'll be pretty much compatible with the API until I post more updates. Hope you like it! :)

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
Not bad, but lots of spam bots can OCR that since there isn't much randomness to throw them off. You need to add random colored lines and stuff. Here's a captcha I made 4-5 years ago:

captcha_image.php

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Not bad, but lots of spam bots can OCR that since there isn't much randomness to throw them off. You need to add random colored lines and stuff. Here's a captcha I made 4-5 years ago:

captcha_image.php
Thanks for you suggestion. I'll make it more random once I've done the update ;) 
UPDATE
I've added a refresh feature to the captcha for the moment!
Try it out now!
Attempts at making the captcha much more random are still being made.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
It looks like the first two characters are always 'fc' and the next two digits are just increasing by 1. May I ask if you're using PHP's GD library?

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
It looks like the first two characters are always 'fc' and the next two digits are just increasing by 1. May I ask if you're using PHP's GD library?
The 2 words are based on timestamps so the first 2 characters of every word might be the same during a period of time. And yes, I am using PHP's GD library and I'm using one of the simple library class helpers ( ) that I made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread