Anyway to stop dos attacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plague

your friendly neighborhood ;3
May 9, 2012
Hello, thats actually my problem right now is there any way to stop it or is there like a program where I could use off so that they cant attack my hotel.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Depends how much your willing to put in. If you host your website and use CloudFlare or your own reverse proxy that is that done. The just get 2 extra VPS's, and set up a reverse proxy for them, and rotate how it works.

RoamHotel

Jul 21, 2012
I get what you mean, but he's asking for a way to ddos proof a vps.
Which is impossible

Unless you go with a good host and pay for a private mitigation box

RoamHotel

Jul 21, 2012
Peer block shows you the ips coming in, it doesn't stop attacks you can then block the ip's.

But really it would stop simple dos attempts, it would not stop any ddos attacks

Stevee

Posting Freak
Mar 29, 2011
Well, there's physically no way to completely stop a ddos attack, but if you'd like to stop simple ddos atttacks, I'd suggest you getting cloudflare on your domain it's self, as well as getting anti-ddos protection meaning firewalls, and stuff like that. I'd also suggest getting a host that provides anti-ddos, like godaddy, hostgator, some of the bigger companies out there.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
  1. Ask the one who is doing it to stop, then you can stop the DoS attack. ;)
  2. Try D-Guard, I've fairly used it and absorbed most of attacks and not just the mainstream ones, you can get it for free but you need to restart it after 12 hours as it stops protecting it.

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
1. Be friends with the guy.
2. Don't be enemy with anyone (HARD!!!)
3. Cloudflare is proven to be the best solution for now. (trust me, no software beats what Cloudflare serves - ask me why).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread