Any tips for a start?

Moustache

Oct 8, 2011
Hi everyone,

I've been finding myself super bored lately and figured it would be fun to try to learn how to code some simple things. I have basic knowledge in HTML and CSS but I was wanting to further my knowledge in my spare time and pickup a new skill. Any ideas on where to even start? Like what language do you recommend and helpful sites to help teach me things. I do still play retros in 2023 so maybe languages based off that?

Hopefully this is the right thread also, I just need help on where to even begin!

Appreciate y'all!

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Doesn't matter where you start, as long as you stick to it. You already know HTML/CSS, so build off of that - learn JavaScript. Then take JavaScript and learn TypeScript. Then you can build an application in React or Angular. Just keep learning.

Moustache

Oct 8, 2011
Doesn't matter where you start, as long as you stick to it. You already know HTML/CSS, so build off of that - learn JavaScript. Then take JavaScript and learn TypeScript. Then you can build an application in React or Angular. Just keep learning.
What's some good websites or just Youtube?

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Just start a project, and stick to it. Use whatever resources you can find to get started. If you don't know where to start, come up with a project topic and use tools like youtube or even chatgpt to get started.

Scorp

Feb 5, 2013
As mentioned above, ChatGPT is really useful for guiding your learning. Ask it about anything, languages to learn, best practices, and ask it to assign you projects, and then it can give you feedback and improvements

Users who are viewing this thread