Show DevBest (Android) Findcare Browser.

Shado

Oct 7, 2013
Findcare Browser

What is Findcare?:
Findcare is a free Android web browser developed by . Findcare allows you to find websites safely, it doesn't track your activity. It was created from scratch by ourselves. Findcare has an unique user interface and it looks better than Google Chrome, to my opinion.

Features:
  • An unique user interface design.
  • Weather system.
  • Incognito tab.
  • ......And many more you can find out!

Download:
You can download our browser from Google Play Store by writing "Findcare" on the search. If you don't find it, then

Screenshots:
  • Sony Xperia Z2 (Android 6.0.1)
  • Sony Xperia XZ (Android 7.1.1)

Notes:
  1. Thread will be updated with the screenshots as soon as I return back to home.
  2. This browser is recommended for Android 5+.
  3. We don't know if it works for Android 4 and below.

Last edited:

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Not sure how you can say it looks better than Google Chrome, when it looks almost exactly like it.

Shado

Oct 7, 2013
Not sure how you can say it looks better than Google Chrome, when it looks almost exactly like it.

It doesn't look like Chrome exactly. Compare both of the designs and you'll see. Anyway, thanks for your feedback.

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
What is it based off of?
And, where's the source? I highly doubt anyone is going to log into a site of importance through your browser if the source isn't out there to confirm there's no trackers or loggers.

Shado

Oct 7, 2013
> "almost exactly"

Can you show me how does it look like Google Chrome?

What is it based off of?
And, where's the source? I highly doubt anyone is going to log into a site of importance through your browser if the source isn't out there to confirm there's no trackers or loggers.

This browser isn't based off of any other browser. Because, we have made it by ourselves. Also, it is a closed source project as we don't like to share the codes. Finally, it requires permissions for Location (weather system) and Storage (uploads/downloads).

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Can you show me how does it look like Google Chrome?
Sure.

You're using what appears to be the same fonts as Google Chrome.

Just look at the header of the browser in your app compared to Google Chrome. It's the exact same except from the order of the components (URL bar, tab count etc)
9g3mvydp

Now, look at how your dropdown menu from the browser header looks:
yb5igxac

Now look at Google Chrome's
jfmamd7w

It's hardly unique. Now aside from this, the rest of the UI is ugly. Seriously, I'm not even trying to flame you. Everything is too big and that blue colour is awful.

Lastly, I'm with @griimnak with the whole open-source thing. How am I meant to trust you're not logging anything? Just take your word for it? No chance.

Safe to say I'll just stick with Google Chrome since it's the browser I use on my Mac so everything is synced up for me.

Last edited:

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
You don't gotta lie, there's no way you did that from scratch.
It's normal, nobody can make a browser from scratch unless you're really skilled, and even then you NEED to borrow some things from other browsers.
For example, BRAVE browser claims to be there own and fresh but the base is from chromium. (ofcourse, like every other "custom" browser.)

So i'm just going to assume this is based off of chromium yes?
Otherwise explain how you're decoding videos, rendering content, etc. because that is extremely hard.

and again, if you're serious about offering a secure browser, you really should include the source. otherwise i'm not signing into anything through it, and i'm sure others will agree with me

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread