Am i addicted

vRory

Unemployed.
May 4, 2011
I'm 15,
I smoke weed but i've noticed myself smoking a 'spliff' almost every other day if not everyday.
Is this bad, how could I quit, I'm trying to focus my hardest at school, i just started spending spare money on 10 bags
now whenever i have the money i buy weed, can someone help me :down:

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Yes. However, some people smoke more a day, so I guess if you tell it your parents and get mental support, I guess it could turn out alright...

vRory

Unemployed.
May 4, 2011
Yes. However, some people smoke more a day, so I guess if you tell it your parents and get mental support, I guess it could turn out alright...
telling my parents is like beating yourself up thats a nono.
and lol^

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
Rory, Most kids at your age don't tend to smoke weed once then quit. They tend to smoke it because their friends smoke it. Then they smoke their way to a shitty life. I had a brother in your exact position and now basically his life is fucked. Quit now, while you can don't let it get to the stage where you'd do anything for a bag cause that's where your heading.

vRory

Unemployed.
May 4, 2011
Rory, Most kids at your age don't tend to smoke weed once then quit. They tend to smoke it because their friends smoke it. Then they smoke their way to a shitty life. I had a brother in your exact position and now basically his life is fucked. Quit now, while you can don't let it get to the stage where you'd do anything for a bag cause that's where your heading.
thanks and sorry to hear, you actually make full sense thanks!

iHarrison

Mar 11, 2012
Even though you may have made a bad decision, telling your parents would definitely help as they would try their best to support you.

Alam

shietttt
Jul 3, 2011
Why did you start doing it in the first place? You won't quit on your own as you already started, you're better off consulting an adult of talking to your parents.

KyleVonnie

Come @ me Bro!
Oct 26, 2011
I suggest doing what everyone else said, tell your parents or some other adults you trust. You might get in trouble, but it's worth it once you get your life turned around by quitting.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
I wouldn't say your addicted otherwise you'd be having more everyday, simple dont buy it and tell yourself no, it's not that hard not to take drugs after you've taken a few

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Well you could stop smoking it easily, it's just like stop masturbating (wich is btw what i'm trying to quit), you just simply have to control your self (wich is also an easy thing to do), stop buying it, stop thinking about it, stop doing anything that would lead/make you want to go back to it again.

Convincing your self to do something isn't something hard, now...good luck with this!

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Weed isn't active, it's the high from it which can be addictive.
Also "spliff" - So I'm guessing you add tobacco to it?
Obviously, tobacco is addictive, and you're probably addicted to that. Either that or the buzz from it.

I recommend injecting heroin instead.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Weed isn't active, it's the high from it which can be addictive.
Also "spliff" - So I'm guessing you add tobacco to it?
Obviously, tobacco is addictive, and you're probably addicted to that. Either that or the buzz from it.

I recommend injecting heroin instead.
This is probably the crappiest tip anyone can give on this thread.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Just spend your money on something worth it and beneficial to you, or save your money, nothing wrong with smoking it, but just try not to so often, I used to smoke weed quite regularly, but stopped not sure why I just got bored of it and so no point.

tyr0ne

Mar 29, 2012
Listen to me alright.

Technically you're not addicted, you can stop whenever you want and you won't get any symptoms, like you would with alcohol, cigarettes or any hard drug. Although in your head you might have developed a habit that makes it hard to stop. So for example, you won't have any urge to smoke but at some point you'll be "well this is monday night, usually I smoke a bowl before going to sleep so that's what I'll do". This is when you have to challenge yourself not to and check if you're in control of yourself.

Although in your case, you're 15. That's not good for you, like any other thing like cigarettes and alcohol like I stated above. Your brain and body isn't fully developed you. I'd lie to you if I said I never smoked before 18, but it was far from everyday. It was maybe once a month max.

So my message to you is, try to keep it at a minimum, get your shit done in school, get a job, and when you're approaching 20, have a steady job and you can manage your shit, then I'll tell your it's fine to smoke everyday.. as long as it doesn't become your #1 priority.

Don't listen to people saying "ya you're addicted bro, weed is bad for you, you'll end up a loser" but also the ones saying "no man keep smoking, it doesn't hurt you, it's even good for you, it cures cancer!" because both are wrong. Everything in moderation.

Like this here, this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. "Most kids at your age don't tend to smoke weed once then quit." Did you make some kind of poll for this? If you take that fact from your personal experience with people around you, fine, but that doesn't mean "most" teens around the world smoke once and get hooked. If that was the case we'd have a huge problem. "Then they smoke their way to a shitty life." lol that's a funny one.. once again, it's not because it happened to someone around you that it makes everybody like that. You'd be surprised knowing the people around you that smoke pot and you don't even suspect of doing so. If you're a lazy cunt in the first place and then you start smoking weed, OF COURSE it's not going to help. But if you're a perfectly good member of society working a full time job and paying your taxes and smoke once in a while on weekends of even on week days after your work is over, what is wrong with that? It doesn't mean you're going to have a shit life. I consider I have a pretty good life, a nice paying job and smoke pot almost everyday, I've never had an issue with that because I can handle myself, like 95% of people out there. You're always gonna have the stereotypical stoner dude doing nothing of his life like in the movies, but that's a minority.

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
Listen to me alright.

Technically you're not addicted, you can stop whenever you want and you won't get any symptoms, like you would with alcohol, cigarettes or any hard drug. Although in your head you might have developed a habit that makes it hard to stop. So for example, you won't have any urge to smoke but at some point you'll be "well this is monday night, usually I smoke a bowl before going to sleep so that's what I'll do". This is when you have to challenge yourself not to and check if you're in control of yourself.

Although in your case, you're 15. That's not good for you, like any other thing like cigarettes and alcohol like I stated above. Your brain and body isn't fully developed you. I'd lie to you if I said I never smoked before 18, but it was far from everyday. It was maybe once a month max.

So my message to you is, try to keep it at a minimum, get your shit done in school, get a job, and when you're approaching 20, have a steady job and you can manage your shit, then I'll tell your it's fine to smoke everyday.. as long as it doesn't become your #1 priority.

Don't listen to people saying "ya you're addicted bro, weed is bad for you, you'll end up a loser" but also the ones saying "no man keep smoking, it doesn't hurt you, it's even good for you, it cures cancer!" because both are wrong. Everything in moderation.

Like this here, this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. "Most kids at your age don't tend to smoke weed once then quit." Did you make some kind of poll for this? If you take that fact from your personal experience with people around you, fine, but that doesn't mean "most" teens around the world smoke once and get hooked. If that was the case we'd have a huge problem. "Then they smoke their way to a shitty life." lol that's a funny one.. once again, it's not because it happened to someone around you that it makes everybody like that. You'd be surprised knowing the people around you that smoke pot and you don't even suspect of doing so. If you're a lazy cunt in the first place and then you start smoking weed, OF COURSE it's not going to help. But if you're a perfectly good member of society working a full time job and paying your taxes and smoke once in a while on weekends of even on week days after your work is over, what is wrong with that? It doesn't mean you're going to have a shit life. I consider I have a pretty good life, a nice paying job and smoke pot almost everyday, I've never had an issue with that because I can handle myself, like 95% of people out there. You're always gonna have the stereotypical stoner dude doing nothing of his life like in the movies, but that's a minority.

I agree, A lot of 'ghetto kids' as I'd like to call them around my area smoke week and do other various drugs. They are your typical stoners/druggies who are smoking and injecting themselves into a shitty life/future. How ever if you do stop now and get a job, do good in school and become the average citizen of a western country smoking weed every now and than won't kill you. I'd suggest you smoke weed rather than tobacco. Fifteen is not a good age to do any drug really as Tyrone said you are not fully developed and it's bad for you.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
I'm 15,
I smoke weed but i've noticed myself smoking a 'spliff' almost every other day if not everyday.
Is this bad, how could I quit, I'm trying to focus my hardest at school, i just started spending spare money on 10 bags
now whenever i have the money i buy weed, can someone help me :down:
It's simple, practice yourself on avoiding smoking weed and don't crave for buying even at least a bag. If you 'unconsciously' thinks, "Oh, it's been a long time since I last smoked weed.", then keep on pursuing not to smoke.

It's the simplest thing you can do. And another is, tell your parents or someone whom you can trust. At least someone who you know would give you tips and probably could guide you.

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
report the shopkeeper who sells the smokes to you, you will even most likely get a money compensation + get the guy in jail lolololol

Users who are viewing this thread