Show DevBest Alvaro Araoz (Personal site/blog)

Alvaro

May 8, 2012
Hey all,

I present my personal site/blog, no more to say ... I invite you to take a look.

I usually post things about apps, web design, etc. I also use it as a personal portfolio.

URL:

Preview:

a1affb93.jpg

92f5f43b.jpg

Last edited:

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Have you created this yourself? What blogging platform are you using?

Only asking this because I see no credits located anywhere - even in the source code. Unless you made this all yourself, then the case is different.

Alvaro

May 8, 2012
Have you created this yourself? What blogging platform are you using?

Only asking this because I see no credits located anywhere - even in the source code. Unless you made this all yourself, then the case is different.

The design I did for personal use, the system I use is Anchor CMS, what I did was to make the design and then adapt it as a template for Anchor CMS

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
The design I did for personal use, the system I use is Anchor CMS, what I did was to make the design and then adapt it as a template for Anchor CMS
In that case, nice design and nice choice of blogging platform - Anchor is a great system to use imo.
Overall, the design is nice. It's consistant, flat (modern) and it's minimal which I like.

However, there are a few floors which you could maybe address.. On larger screens, the theme has a of free space (to the right) on my 22" screen it just looks boring. Also, you only show your 2 latest posts and users are forced to navigate round the entire site to see others, this makes it difficult to get a feel of what was posted when. Maybe show around 5-6 posts on the homepage and then have a link back to the archives?

Anyway, nice work. Well done :)

Damon

Aug 13, 2012
Looks quite interesting. I like the simple theme that you have created, although on the homepage it shows 2 latest posts and the section for each post is HUGE. I'd like to see more posts and the sections size lowered. Otherwise Good job!

Users who are viewing this thread