All set up but…question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElPsychoDragon

Mar 4, 2024
Should i advertise even though my hotel is basic and isn’t as good as the others or should i keep working on it for a few months then advertise (im new so adding stuff in is challenging) im also basically doing some of it on my own

React

Sep 17, 2023
Should i advertise even though my hotel is basic and isn’t as good as the others or should i keep working on it for a few months then advertise (im new so adding stuff in is challenging) im also basically doing some of it on my own
My own opinion, if you advertise in the current state you're in people are going to log in, see that it's no different to any other retro, assume maybe you don't know what you're doing and leave again. This will tarnish your retro.

Try to work on it, add the latest, if you can fix everything that'd be worth doing. Also, try to add stuff that is unique, a lot of hotels have no creativity - it's just follow the leader.

Make sure you have a mature team, who have experience, managing your community will be a lot easier and users will appreciate the staff if the staff actually deal with their problems and take on board what the community want.

Work on your hotel up until you feel confident enough that you' should publicise it, then when you're ready, spread the word!

ElPsychoDragon

Mar 4, 2024
My own opinion, if you advertise in the current state you're in people are going to log in, see that it's no different to any other retro, assume maybe you don't know what you're doing and leave again. This will tarnish your retro.

Try to work on it, add the latest, if you can fix everything that'd be worth doing. Also, try to add stuff that is unique, a lot of hotels have no creativity - it's just follow the leader.

Make sure you have a mature team, who have experience, managing your community will be a lot easier and users will appreciate the staff if the staff actually deal with their problems and take on board what the community want.

Work on your hotel up until you feel confident enough that you' should publicise it, then when you're ready, spread the word!
I intend to be different in all sense of the word,Obviously i’ll have some other features other hotels have but i want my hotel to be a nice community as i’m doing it to just enjoy habbo with better features,I did take out the shop that was implement with the cms template as I feel asking for money so early on would damage the hotel as for a mature team i have yet to have anyone part of my team i am looking just haven’t posted yet i mainly need help with the building of rooms and background implementing,I’ll just keep working on it for a few months until im happy with it thanks for the reply also.

ElDragonUK.

React

Sep 17, 2023
I intend to be different in all sense of the word,Obviously i’ll have some other features other hotels have but i want my hotel to be a nice community as i’m doing it to just enjoy habbo with better features,I did take out the shop that was implement with the cms template as I feel asking for money so early on would damage the hotel as for a mature team i have yet to have anyone part of my team i am looking just haven’t posted yet i mainly need help with the building of rooms and background implementing,I’ll just keep working on it for a few months until im happy with it thanks for the reply also.

ElDragonUK.
Welcome, I hope you get where you want.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Can’t beat a good catalog and economy. It’s probably more community driven these days, you’ll get pockets of people as retros are pretty quiet compared to the last 5-10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread