Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
OK guys this is a very important question.

Which Pokemon do i choose as my starter??

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
I generally used to play Pokemon yellow but GB games are not supported on this emulator i have for iPhone, so i am using Fire Red.
I have generally always gone for bulbasaur as its strong against the first 2 gym leaders.
However i thought i would switch it up a bit this time.
The only downfall with charmander is that it is not too effective against Stone (Pewter Gym) & Water (Cerulean Gym)

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
I generally used to play Pokemon yellow but GB games are not supported on this emulator i have for iPhone, so i am using Fire Red.
I have generally always gone for bulbasaur as its strong against the first 2 gym leaders.
However i thought i would switch it up a bit this time.
The only downfall with charmander is that it is not too effective against Stone (Pewter Gym) & Water (Cerulean Gym)
Capture more pokemon and train them before entering the gym to face him?

Hitler

Apr 21, 2013
If you get Charmander to a high enough level before the Pewter Gym, he learns Metal Claw which is steel. Not too sure how you'd go against water with it though.

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
Charmander, as you start the game you will be fighting grass Pokemon at first, making fire the best type to have.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Charmander, as you start the game you will be fighting grass Pokemon at first, making fire the best type to have.
Ahh shit yeh, i forgot about viridian forest

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
Another tip, as you go on, an easy way to level up your Pokemon, is to have the low power ones start, then switch them out with a stronger one, they will get XP still, but take no damage.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Another tip, as you go on, an easy way to level up your Pokemon, is to have the low power ones start, then switch them out with a stronger one, they will get XP still, but take no damage.
Yeh i knew that, i grew up playing the games, thought i would start again lmao

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
Yeh i knew that, i grew up playing the games, thought i would start again lmao
I feel you, I recently wanted to play ape escape, an old ps1 game i use to play pokemon was and is still alright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread