Adding badges to an item [Help]

Sly

I don't break the rules I bend them.
Oct 28, 2016
Hello I'm having a little trouble adding badges to an item and receiving it in your badge section within your invo.
I have added the Badge's ID to badge definition, but whenever I purchase the Ice tiara as shown below, the badge does't seem to be appearing in my bag.
badge.png

Sly

Oct 28, 2016
What's the point of even having badges in your catalog? You can have an add-on on your cms
Why you lecturing me on how I do things? I wan't the badges in the catalogue cause that's my choice? Either be helpful and tell me why the badge won't appear after purchasing the crown or don't comment.

NathanCarn3y

Leaving a legacy
Sep 14, 2016
Why you lecturing me on how I do things? I wan't the badges in the catalogue cause that's my choice? Either be helpful and tell me why the badge won't appear after purchasing the crown or don't comment.
What's the point of even having badges in your catalog? You can have an add-on on your cms
@JayCustom I agree with @Sly on that I rather have my badges in the catalogue as well to be honest with you.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
@JayCustom I agree with @Sly on that I rather have my badges in the catalogue as well to be honest with you.
My reply to this thread was based off of this post he had:

I know badges are better in the catalog but if he wants to be a prick and reply to other people with smart ass answers - then this is what he will get in return :)

Sly

Oct 28, 2016
Have you added the badge code to the badge_defintions table & typed :update badge_definitions?
I have added it into the badge_definitions, and Client_external_badge_text's, also cleared my cache and restarted the emu for safe keeping's nope.. still nothing

My reply to this thread was based off of this post he had:

I know badges are better in the catalog but if he wants to be a prick and reply to other people with smart ass answers - then this is what he will get in return :)
Why go through all that trouble adding badges to the CMS when catalogue is instant and doesn't need refreshing of the client for the badge to appear.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
I have added it into the badge_definitions, and Client_external_badge_text's, also cleared my cache and restarted the emu for safe keeping's nope.. still nothing

Why go through all that trouble adding badges to the CMS when catalogue is instant and doesn't need refreshing of the client for the badge to appear.
You dont need to refresh client, use MUS commands, but yes would be better like you want it.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Core

Nov 10, 2016
php Error logs? or Emu/CMS?
Was referring to emulator logs but upon checking the purchase event handler, it doesn't actually have badges coded.
So I quickly coded it for you (not tested)

Go to PurchaseFromCatalogEvent.cs and find
Code:
if (Item.IsLimited)

Above that add
Code:
if(!string.IsNullOrEmpty(Item.Badge))
            {
                Session.GetHabbo().GetBadgeComponent().GiveBadge(Item.Badge, true, Session);
            }

Sly

Oct 28, 2016
Was referring to emulator logs but upon checking the purchase event handler, it doesn't actually have badges coded.
So I quickly coded it for you (not tested)

Go to PurchaseFromCatalogEvent.cs and find
Code:
if (Item.IsLimited)

Above that add
Code:
if(!string.IsNullOrEmpty(Item.Badge))
            {
                Session.GetHabbo().GetBadgeComponent().GiveBadge(Item.Badge, true, Session);
            }
Thankyou this has solved the issue, and I'm sure it'll help others too!

Users who are viewing this thread