Adding a new hard drive to my computer...

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
I'm trying to add a new hard drive to computer, the thing is it's not new, it was configured to another computer and runs Windows (idk what version) and I'm trying to get it to work on my other computer, I can get my computer to start the harddrive and all of that, the operating system doesn't work with it though, what do I do?

I'm running Ubuntu on this hard drive now.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
I guess, I have no idea what that is, I have the hard drive itself working, just need to get the OS to reconfigure to the different computer specs I guess.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
figure79.jpg

Alright, so if you see, you will need to change your primary hard drive's Jumper to Master and the secondary hard drive's Jumper to Slave.
Also, make sure they are on the same HDD ribbon.
For your specific hard drive, click below.

this is fairly easy.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Rage! I already did that! I have the hard drive installed already. the operating system was configured to a different computer and I need to reconfigure it so it will work on a new computer. now do you get my question?

Thanks for the help though!

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Okay, so I have a hard drive for, let's say, computer A, and computer A is now scrap metals. So now I'm trying to put Computer A's hard drive on computer B, I've added the hard drive and all, I've got the hard drive working at everything. but the Operating system on Computer A's hard drive doesn't work on computer B, so I'm assuming that the Operating system needs to reconfigure to Computer B's specs?

Users who are viewing this thread