A few ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nike

#MGK
Jun 9, 2012
1.Why aren't hamachi hotels allowed here?
I mean we all started with that. We should be more welcoming to the noobies.

2. Records, maybe like add a records page.
With highest posting members, most users online, most posts in a thread, most trophy points, etc.
Might put a little competition on around the forum.

Siract

Classic Habbo
Sep 4, 2011
I agree with Nike, I am doing a Hamachi Hotel right now just to start up and I can't get much Support for it, and the Records page sounds good and btw I think Image is fixed aha

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
1.Why aren't hamachi hotels allowed here?
I mean we all started with that. We should be more welcoming to the noobies.

2. Records, maybe like add a records page.
With highest posting members, most users online, most posts in a thread, most trophy points, etc.
Might put a little competition on around the forum.

1: I don't think people will take the time to enter the Hamachi details, or something like that. I don't really know.
2: This will cause more spam then real commenting.

Nike

#MGK
Jun 9, 2012
I agree with Nike, I am doing a Hamachi Hotel right now just to start up and I can't get much Support for it, and the Records page sounds good and btw I think Image is fixed aha
Thanks, for your support. And okay I'll check it out ;).

Nike

#MGK
Jun 9, 2012
1: I don't think people will take the time to enter the Hamachi details, or something like that. I don't really know.
2: This will cause more spam then real commenting.
It takes about a minute to enter the information.
And moderators are here to prevent that.

JamesTheBaws

Jun 8, 2012
Hamachi isnt really that good and is annoying having to type details in. But yeah why shouldnt it be allowed?

Nike

#MGK
Jun 9, 2012
Hamachi isnt really that good and is annoying having to type details in. But yeah why shouldnt it be allowed?
Exactly, all of us were at that stage at one point. We should welcome them into our home. And hamachi isn't illegal. The retros are itself. And we allow those.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
For point one: I mostly think Moderators want to have hotels they can check easy if they are safe. If they need to install Hamachi and fill in new information every time - I would finally get tired of it then just click a link.

Nike

#MGK
Jun 9, 2012
For point one: I mostly think Moderators want to have hotels they can check easy if they are safe. If they need to install Hamachi and fill in new information every time - I would finally get tired of it then just click a link.
Moderators don't have to look at the hotel. They have to make sure:
-Enough information
-Screenies

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Hamachi isn't allowed because it makes it difficult for moderators to check if Hamachi hotels are still active, plus it's not that hard to learn to port forward.

Reactions: Ept

JamesTheBaws

Jun 8, 2012
Can i also say hamachi can be UNSAFE.. It creates a local LAN connection and that gives you access to the person's local network. You could access printers,routers,shared files ect ect that are hosted on that network.

So not a good idea on your home PC if your giving random people the information

Nike

#MGK
Jun 9, 2012
Hamachi isn't allowed because it makes it difficult for moderators to check if Hamachi hotels are still active, plus it's not that hard to learn to port forward.
I agree but,port fowarding is dangerous.

Nike

#MGK
Jun 9, 2012
Your opening ports, and giving everyone access to your computer. If they hack the hotel comp is fucked. It also gives IP out.

JamesTheBaws

Jun 8, 2012
Your opening ports, and giving everyone access to your computer. If they hack the hotel comp is fucked. It also gives IP out.

Using hamachi is worse as it makes a LAN in your local network and attackers could access local resources. You could also get the hotel's IP both ways.

They cannot hack your PC through a port either unless you have some sort of vulnrebility in your OS/software thats listening on that port.

Nike

#MGK
Jun 9, 2012
Okay, I undersand the hamachi part.
What about the Records page?

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Agreed with the records, however we're working on something more suitable I've suggested a contribute rank in the past for members who take part in community projects and have good attendance but that needs worked on since we have nothing to automaticly back it all up, staff are to busy to do so.

As for competition we do host them, more than any other forums actually. RageZ does host a lot I admit BUT a lot of them events are to earn it money and there simply shit and again involves money? If you have any suggestions on events we're happy to hear them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread