[6.5] Skype BETA <Anonymous from RESOLVERS>

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
I presumed that this was already released on here, I guess I was wrong.

As most of you are probably aware, Skype 6.5 is soon to be. A main feature of the update is that Skype Resolver's will not work as usual. The developers of Skype have had multiple complaints about users IP's being leaked, and they eventually acted on it.
A few months ago, I warned readers that in voice-over-IP telephony service Skype allows anyone using the network to quickly learn the Internet address of any other Skype user. A new beta version of the popular Microsoft program appears to have nixed that privacy leak with a setting that restricts this capability to connections in your Skype contacts only.
Anyway, I'll keep this short.

You can actually download the Skype 6.5 BETA, allowing you protection from Skype Resolvers.
Click on the link for more information, as well as the download.

Once downloaded, you will have to just do one thing...

skypesavebeta.png

You must make sure that the box showing ("Allow direct connections to your contacts only.") is marked.
You can find this by going to Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Connection
It does say that it may delay your call setup time, however I've been in multiple amounts of calls and I've had no bad effect shown. I might be lucky, I don't know.

I'm not sure whether this gives you 100% security from hiding your IP Address ~ There probably are methods around it, but I guess it's better than allowing little kids with Booter's hitting you offline.

(Again, the majority of you probably already know about this, but it's just for the people whom don't already)
Enjoy :)

Find

Posting Freak
Jun 21, 2012
I've heard theres already a loophole to get around it, but at least skype are actually trying to fix it now

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Great, but i dont really see where to download it, even though when i click on the link?

Oh sorry, I didn't make it clear enough.
If you click one of the hyperlinks in the text it's there.

But anyways, here you go:

I've heard theres already a loophole to get around it, but at least skype are actually trying to fix it now
Yeah, I've heard the exact same.
But at least with this it protects you from the deluded kids who only know how to Skype Resolve and DDoS.

Users who are viewing this thread