504 Gateway Time-out nginx

steno

Feb 18, 2011
Hey guys,

After submitting a form, I keep getting the following error:

504 Gateway Time-out
nginx

See screenshot here -

If anyone could advise me on this problem, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Menkz

Jul 9, 2010
what's this for?
we need more information on what you're trying to do or what this is.

From google:
The 504 Gateway Timeout error is an HTTP status code that means that one server did not receive a timely response from another server that it was accessing while attempting to load the web page or fill another request by the browser.

So, either your server or your internet isn't strong and times out within x amount of seconds/mins etc

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
Hey guys,

After submitting a form, I keep getting the following error:

504 Gateway Time-out
nginx

See screenshot here -

If anyone could advise me on this problem, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you
I already told you there is a loop in your code that runs forever, we need to see the actual PHP before we can help you. As far as we know it could be your web sever, your php-cli or even the script that is executing

steno

Feb 18, 2011
Hey guys, apologies for not being specific. I will send you the website that is causing the problem.

- This is a user reg form, and after submission I get the error.

Thanks.

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
Hey guys, apologies for not being specific. I will send you the website that is causing the problem.

- This is a user reg form, and after submission I get the error.

Thanks.
Again with out source code we can't tell. Its like trying to diagnose someone by looking at them a mile away. Without source code WE CAN'T HELP no matter how badly we want too.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
There's not anything wrong with NGINX, otherwise you would've received an 500 error for PHP
You've probably just not setup NGINX correctly, or your coding is shiet.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
It's been asked multiple times now. Please include the source code, otherwise I will close this thread. Without the code, we can't help you with your issue. There can be a number of reasons it crashes.

Users who are viewing this thread