2GB microSD stopped working

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Recently I used my microSD on a card reader, plugged it on the laptop and downloaded 1 music file.

After downloading, I unplugged it while my sister was using the laptop (no apps are accessing the card), and I accidentally dropped it.

When I plug it to my Samsung E2152, it cannot detect the card, and when I unplug it, it says 'Memory card removed'.

I tried replugging it, but this appears whenever I open it, it seems it cannot read the card...
You must be registered for see images attach

Could it be damaged? 'Cause there's no physical damage on the card. If you can help, please assist me immediately, thanks! :)

Flint

http://Dusk-Hotel.com
Jul 10, 2012
Recently I used my microSD on a card reader, plugged it on the laptop and downloaded 1 music file.

After downloading, I unplugged it while my sister was using the laptop (no apps are accessing the card), and I accidentally dropped it.

When I plug it to my Samsung E2152, it cannot detect the card, and when I unplug it, it says 'Memory card removed'.

I tried replugging it, but this appears whenever I open it, it seems it cannot read the card...
You must be registered for see images attach

Could it be damaged? 'Cause there's no physical damage on the card. If you can help, please assist me immediately, thanks! :)
It wont matter if you drop it i've dropped mine many times....
Have you tried to format it?
It may be because u unplugged it without safely removing it

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Yes, I did unplugged it without safely removing but I do know there are no programs accessing it. It cannot be detected as I said, so how can I format it then? Also I do have files in there that are important to me.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
My 16gb flash drive just did this, as of today. It doesn't work anymore but it could be different for you, try this if you're on an administrator account
Go to Command promt (type CMD in the start menu)
type in "diskpart", no quotes.
If it asks for administrator approval Allow it. Then type in "list disk" and look at disk #2, it will probably say something like "no media" and 0gb under all the free space/total space tables, if that's true, it's a goner.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
True... so I will need to buy a new MMC then? I'll lose my precious files, however.

9lSBy.png

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
True... so I will need to buy a new MMC then? I'll lose my precious files, however.

9lSBy.png
They're already lost, it's just broken or "bricked", just make a pile of them like I do and have fun with the shit you can create while the internet's down.
Yes, you need a new one, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread