Revolution Emulator [C#, R63B, Encryption Cracked, DAO, Fluent NHibernate, Lua Plugin, Mono]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Hey guys! So, Rev Team has decided to use our own Database for the Emulator, which will be implemented into the CMS.

I am in the works of designing the database and it's looking VERY good. I will not post it since I got told there is someone else around here designing a Database and I don't like to get copied. I will continue to work on this database tonight and hopefully finish the structure very soon.

Clawed

Whats occuring?
Jun 2, 2012
Hey guys! So, Rev Team has decided to use our own Database for the Emulator, which will be implemented into the CMS.

I am in the works of designing the database and it's looking VERY good. I will not post it since I got told there is someone else around here designing a Database and I don't like to get copied. I will continue to work on this database tonight and hopefully finish the structure very soon.

So the database won't be the same as phoenix then?

frash23

May 26, 2012
I wish people would stop asking when it will be released and look at the 100 times it already have been answsered facepalm.jpg
I understand people saying it will change the retro world and beat phoenix and all, but in my honest opinion, i dont believe it will be in any of the early released builds. seriously.
Looking really good otherwise! The world needs a good, english R63B EMU :D

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
Since this is written in C# I guess we'll not going to see a linux version of it?
Maybe, maybe not. The question is really if it can be run with Mono because of the libraries that is used. We can not guarantee it will, but we hope to make this available to Linux aswell.

Rudde

Nov 12, 2011
Doesn't C# require .NET? And if so, isn't is just a very unstable hobby made compiler for that in linux? :p

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
Doesn't C# require .NET? And if so, isn't is just a very unstable hobby made compiler for that in linux? :p
C# as a lanuage, no. But the emulator is using .NET Framework also. Mono is the only most stable port of .NET to Linux and Mac. But if you use libraries that is not optimized for use with Mono it is not easy.

Rudde

Nov 12, 2011
Cool! I have been in with PHP now in some years and just today I got accepted to my #1 choice of colleges I wanted to attend, not it's five years of C++ :p

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011
The problem is that i'm running some functions of .NET 4.5 in RevEmu so it lacks Mono support. But i'll make a separate Mono version, may lack stability compared to the non mono as it will have the advantage functions of 4.5.

Kristopher

Photographer
Dec 25, 2010
Is there anyway there could be a mus reboot command?
Or a mus open emu command.

You would put the path of your emu via config so that way it could find the file and open it with just a click of a button on revcms?

MatrixJ21

Aug 20, 2011
Surely the people using a Phoenix database won't be able to use any new features that phoenix doesn't have? The database won't have any of the appropriate structures to store data for these new features, right? If I'm wrong, please explain :)

bulletproof

Jan 26, 2012
Surely the people using a Phoenix database won't be able to use any new features that phoenix doesn't have? The database won't have any of the appropriate structures to store data for these new features, right? If I'm wrong, please explain :)
its gonna be using a different db i think, unique to rev :p

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011
For now it supports 1 Database via plugin, you can easily modify the mapping so it's phoenix instead.

So all the people using Phoenix? Serves you right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread