Revolution Emulator [C#, R63B, Encryption Cracked, DAO, Fluent NHibernate, Lua Plugin, Mono]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011
I don't think UberEMU failed. I think it the reason we have great emulators today...

Uber -> Butterfly -> ButterStorm/HL -> BcStorm.

60% of BcStorm is useless code that is not needed. The only great thing about it is that people put effort into it to update the packets. 
But Rev is barely progressing

Like i said i don't like posting small updates, i am currently re-designing that database then re-mapping.

Once i got these annoying little things out of the way i can easily do in-game with Mikkel.

JoshB

Jun 3, 2012
60% of BcStorm is useless code that is not needed. The only great thing about it is that people put effort into it to update the packets. 

Like i said i don't like posting small updates, i am currently re-designing that database then re-mapping.

Once i got these annoying little things out of the way i can easily do in-game with Mikkel.
Okay good, good luck with it ;)

iHarrison

Mar 11, 2012
I still have support for the development, despite the fact that it might be taking a while. I think it still has potential myself.

Keep it up Zak.

Reactions: Zak

JoshB

Jun 3, 2012
Fuck you, Josh. Get the fuck out of the thread. You're annoying as hell, you keep thinking your the best in the retro dev scene, just get a life, and kill yourself.
Oh you want it? Then I wont do. Your mother is a whore go fuck her.

Oh yea you're stupid:

Why would I get a life and then kill myself? Then I could just kill myself without getting a life because getting a life is useless than you big denmark jerk.

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011
Still messing around with fluent map files, may have to ditch the whole mapping system it's really annoying to manage.

Kyle

Jul 4, 2010
The database looks better compared to other structures I've seen.
How so?
Will have a lot of problems with it soon as user count hits a mass amount, not correctly indexed & half of the fields you won't have enough room

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011
How so?
Will have a lot of problems with it soon as user count hits a mass amount, not correctly indexed & half of the fields you won't have enough room

Instead of naming a problem, why not explain what need's to be indexed?
Only certain tables need to contain a index not all.

Far as i am aware users will not crash on a high peak because the SSO is the primary key and the user id is the index.
And what do you mean half of the fields I won't have enough room? Do you even know how MySQL works?

When RevDB was first created by Kryptos he had it checked out by a guy who has even more experience than me in MySQL database designing and if he said it was good than it must be good.

But until you can improve your point i won't take it into any further consideration. 
Last updates where 5/6 months ago!
The database looks unstable.

Follow thread updates please! Not commits.

Joopie

Sep 13, 2011
It was made as primary due to the way i grabbed user data at the start of each session.

Primary is used to link records to other tables (ex: join) Primary is a special index method with unique values.

SSO ticket isn't used to link other tables records to each other, so a normal index (unique) should do the job.

Also, this might be interesting:

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Primary is used to link records to other tables (ex: join) Primary is a special index method with unique values.

SSO ticket isn't used to link other tables records to each other, so a normal index (unique) should do the job.

Also, this might be interesting:

Think you're right, must've missed it. Any other suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread