Revolution Emulator [C#, R63B, Encryption Cracked, DAO, Fluent NHibernate, Lua Plugin, Mono]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominic

Dec 16, 2011
I was just testing locally with RevCMS 1.9.9.9 :-D
02604-170f8c90-39e6-4487-ab56-a545dd894541.png

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
I think we need to work on the lua plugin system.. Maybe write a wrapper so you can compile lua script through the command ui (rev -c myplugin.lua) and then run it as rev -r myplugin

What could you possible do with LUA plugins?

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Zak wanted to stick with the idea of using LUA for a plugin system :p (DLL's or F# scripts would be better though)

Could you please answer the question? Or is it a LUA plugin system and not actually LUA plugins? ( Not familiarized at all with the language )

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Could you please answer the question?
You could add in functionality for the hotel (extra features, other clients) in LUA - it's easy to use and is pretty simple to understand.
But you should really ask Zak on the lua thing

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
First off, it's not LUA, but just Lua. It's a programming language like any other, but is very lightweight - and because of this, it's being used mostly to plugins for games, applications and other kind of stuff.

Also it's really easy to learn, implement into a project and have a very good documentation. Imo it would be nice with using Lua for plugins and get rid of freaking DLLs - also because when RevEmu gonna be ported to other OS' DLLs won't work there - unless people port their plugins to dylib files etc.

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011
Well, i was think of Functional Programming for Plugins as it's .NET itself, [F#] but if you guys prefer some gold ole' Lua, then sure i don't mind.

No Release Date for Completion, or Beta Hotel.

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
I do, also as I said before - it makes it easier when you port it to Linux/Mac

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011
Yeah, well my boy Adil is doing the DAO on the NHibernate and I'll help him around Mono, sooner i'll start slowly porting over small things to Lua, like Packet Handling, etc.

DaLightz

See ya'll in the afterlife.
May 19, 2012
Will this emulator have a "cron job" feature? I never did get what that meant lol/

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011
Could do one in Lua, to clean the un-needed garbage [usually garbage collector does this] But in Lua i can make it so it cleans unused Resources from the Habbo functions.

Also updated main post.

SkeetEmUp

Habpl.us
May 16, 2011
Could do one in Lua, to clean the un-needed garbage [usually garbage collector does this] But in Lua i can make it so it cleans unused Resources from the Habbo functions.

Also updated main post.
Should incorporate something that cleans up database. Like if user hasn't logged in for 2months it gets rid of excess data (rooms furni etc) I know this could be done in php but would be good for it to be incorporated so that everything does get wiped and leaves stuff that may effect emulator performance.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Should incorporate something that cleans up database. Like if user hasn't logged in for 2months it gets rid of excess data (rooms furni etc) I know this could be done in php but would be good for it to be incorporated so that everything does get wiped and leaves stuff that may effect emulator performance.

That'd be better as a separate plugin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread