Sports Favorite NBA team?

Settaz

PHP and C# Developer. Project Saturn Coming!
Jul 4, 2010
Sorry, just thought I'd like to post the fourth best NBA Player as of 2013:
NKc45yl.png

Hmm, those rankings are full out dumb. They have Kobe at like 20+ and James Harden is not better than Chris Paul, Tony Parker, Russel Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony, and there's more. The ESPN writers are incompetent and you'd know that if you actually read there articles instead of quoting this one little thing you agree with from them. Please tell me the last time you've read an ESPN article? And was it well written? But, again I seem to remember you stating to wait for the season. I'll be sure to re-visit this thread when playoffs are here.

Brown

idk
Feb 15, 2013
Even though they're not in the NBA anymore I'll just assume you mean favourite NBA team of all time. If that's the case my favourite team would HAVE to be the Harlem Globetrotters, they were THE best team back in the day and I love learning about the history of the team. It's a shame they only play expedition matches nowadays, went to see one of them last week infact! If you mean favourite team that's in the NBA today it would have to be the LA Lakers.

Deion

Posting Freak
Jul 3, 2010
Hmm, those rankings are full out dumb. They have Kobe at like 20+ and James Harden is not better than Chris Paul, Tony Parker, Russel Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony, and there's more. The ESPN writers are incompetent and you'd know that if you actually read there articles instead of quoting this one little thing you agree with from them. Please tell me the last time you've read an ESPN article? And was it well written? But, again I seem to remember you stating to wait for the season. I'll be sure to re-visit this thread when playoffs are here.
You're just not accepting the fact.. Why would ESPN be incompetent if they are the channel which NBA Broadcasts on.

Explaination why your logic is incorrect still: You're still going by your own views rather than facts. Kobe wasn't even doing anything the 2012-13 year as he had two new players on his team and went on a losing streak the first couple of games. Also, if you bothered looking at the site you'd realize that Chris Paul is better, ranked at 3. For those others that you said, they aren't even qualified to surpass him. You're just stating stuff from your own knowledge, as said before i'll be back when there's facts, not opinions.

My view: You don't even know who James Harden is. I've asked several people in real life and no one said Wade. Even someone on this thread. I've got nothing to say to you.

Baller

Nov 1, 2013
You're just not accepting the fact.. Why would ESPN be incompetent if they are the channel which NBA Broadcasts on.

Explaination why your logic is incorrect still: You're still going by your own views rather than facts. Kobe wasn't even doing anything the 2012-13 year as he had two new players on his team and went on a losing streak the first couple of games. Also, if you bothered looking at the site you'd realize that Chris Paul is better, ranked at 3. For those others that you said, they aren't even qualified to surpass him. You're just stating stuff from your own knowledge, as said before i'll be back when there's facts, not opinions.

My view: You don't even know who James Harden is. I've asked several people in real life and no one said Wade. Even someone on this thread. I've got nothing to say to you.
I'd agree with @Settaz Wade is better than Harden. Harden has the offense, but Wade is a wayyy better defender. Wade also has offense if he is healthy. The ESPN rank has everything wrong if they have Kobe Bryant anywhere past top 5. Blake before Melo?! Is that legit?! Marc Gasol at 10! Roy Hibbert over Kobe?!!!!! If you are referring to ESPN's list than you have no clue about basketball..

Deion

Posting Freak
Jul 3, 2010
I'd agree with @Settaz Wade is better than Harden. Harden has the offense, but Wade is a wayyy better defender. Wade also has offense if he is healthy. The ESPN rank has everything wrong if they have Kobe Bryant anywhere past top 5. Blake before Melo?! Is that legit?! Marc Gasol at 10! Roy Hibbert over Kobe?!!!!! If you are referring to ESPN's list than you have no clue about basketball..
Yeah, realized how much people weren't on that list after I posted that. Maybe it isn't right, though still standing my guard with a reasonable defense. Even the people on ESPN has their view which is in relevance to mine. A group of people versus a couple others opinion.

Though you aren't correct about Wade being a wayy better defensive player as Wade is ranked #1 is steals and Harden is right under him at rank #2. James Harden is ranked #9 at blocks and wade isn't even considered ranks. Those two elements make up most of what's known defense, therefore Wade isn't that much higher. When it comes down to offense, Harden is the better player. There's no such thing as claiming that you're better when healthy, it's only an excuse that typical fans would use. Michael Jordan wasn't "healthy" during one of the best games of his career - the flu game. Back on the subject, try averaging that out. Two players mostly good defensive for their position fitting near each other, then offensively one excels the other on an entirely different grade level.

Houston Rockets aren't known, though Miami Heat are. My brother is a huge fan of the heat, though he agrees with me. We watch both the Rockets and Heat play, along with the Bulls and GS. I say this because I actually watch the Rockets play, you guys probably don't, therefore you make theories of what James Harden is capable of in comparison to an old veteran, Dwayne Wade. What I'm saying in actually try watching it if you haven't, maybe you'll come to something rather than what you believe.

If you are referring to ESPN's list than you have no clue about basketball..
I like this part, you edited in the last minute to act as if I wouldn't see it. I more than likely have more knowledge of it than you considering ESPN is an official site and you're acting as if it isn't. I re-read those ranks and they were all made based on opinions, even you didn't realize that, so are you an idiot too?

Settaz

Jul 4, 2010

Kobe was the whole team last year, he at one point lead his team in assist. He then was what 3rd in the league in scoring? How can you say Kobe was bad last year when he played at a top 3 or 4 level last year behind LeBron and Durant. He's the reason the Lakers went to the playoffs despite Steve Nash injuries and Dwight Howard playing poorly. If you watched basketball, you could at least had the excuse of saying Kobe was ranked that bad because of his injury, but you say he played bad? And yes, Melo, Tony Parker (who was up for MVP debate before getting injured), and Russel Westbrook are better than James Harden. There's a reason Russel started over James Harden when he played in OKC, so again I'm sorry but James Harden is not as good as you're panning him out to be. And by the way, I have Paul George better than James Harden so that ESPN Ranking is just terrible.

And how can you say those I've stated don't qualify to surpass James Harden, lets list them shall we?
Carmelo Anthony - Offensive Beast, and led the league in scoring last year. Hmm?
Tony Parker - Was in the MVP debate to beat LeBron until he was hurt, and lead the Spurs to a game 7 against the Miami Heat in the Finals. Hmm?
Paul George - An upcoming superstar, that could be in the MVP debate this year and took the Miami Heat to a game 7 in the Eastern Conference Finals. Hmm?
Dwyane Wade - Averaged over 25 points last year, before he was hurt with a higher Player Efficiency Rating than everyone in the NBA besides LeBron and KD. Hmm?

Again, these are things that actually happened.

Deion

Posting Freak
Jul 3, 2010
Kobe was the whole team last year, he at one point lead his team in assist. He then was what 3rd in the league in scoring? How can you say Kobe was bad last year when he played at a top 3 or 4 level last year behind LeBron and Durant. He's the reason the Lakers went to the playoffs despite Steve Nash injuries and Dwight Howard playing poorly. If you watched basketball, you could at least had the excuse of saying Kobe was ranked that bad because of his injury, but you say he played bad? And yes, Melo, Tony Parker (who was up for MVP debate before getting injured), and Russel Westbrook are better than James Harden. There's a reason Russel started over James Harden when he played in OKC, so again I'm sorry but James Harden is not as good as you're panning him out to be. And by the way, I have Paul George better than James Harden so that ESPN Ranking is just terrible.

And how can you say those I've stated don't qualify to surpass James Harden, lets list them shall we?
Carmelo Anthony - Offensive Beast, and led the league in scoring last year. Hmm?
Tony Parker - Was in the MVP debate to beat LeBron until he was hurt, and lead the Spurs to a game 7 against the Miami Heat in the Finals. Hmm?
Paul George - An upcoming superstar, that could be in the MVP debate this year and took the Miami Heat to a game 7 in the Eastern Conference Finals. Hmm?
Dwyane Wade - Averaged over 25 points last year, before he was hurt with a higher Player Efficiency Rating than everyone in the NBA besides LeBron and KD. Hmm?

Again, these are things that actually happened.
Yeah, realized how much people weren't on that list after I posted that. Maybe it isn't right, though still standing my guard with a reasonable defense. Even the people on ESPN has their view which is in relevance to mine. A group of people versus a couple others opinion.

I like this part, you edited in the last minute to act as if I wouldn't see it. I more than likely have more knowledge of it than you considering ESPN is an official site and you're acting as if it isn't. I re-read those ranks and they were all made based on opinions, even you didn't realize that, so are you an idiot too?

Either A. idiot or B. mentally handicap.

Don't take offense to this, i'm kidding, it's not that serious, though you really should try reading what i'm saying. I never said anything bad about those players in fact I like them all but Kobe. I considered the ESPN rate list made of opinions in which ESPN experts agree with me rather than people on the internet arguing a point. What it seems like to me in you are over the Wade thing as you had nothing to say about it, but goes onto another topic making things up. I never said "Harden is better then Kobe", I claimed that the lakers weren't doing anything last year.

I'm not going to hold a debate with someone who goes off topic and/or adds words to what I say. No one else other than Wade and Harden were considered in this discussion because you don't have my input on them against him. It's not like i'm saying Harden is the best player in the NBA. My point: James Harden is better than Dwayne Wade with valid stats, not opinions. You can say anyone else is better than James Harden, that just makes Wade look worse imo.

Baller

Nov 1, 2013

Though you aren't correct about Wade being a wayy better defensive player as Wade is ranked #1 is steals and Harden is right under him at rank #2. James Harden is ranked #9 at blocks and wade isn't even considered ranks. Those two elements make up most of what's known defense, therefore Wade isn't that much higher. When it comes down to offense, Harden is the better player. There's no such thing as claiming that you're better when healthy, it's only an excuse that typical fans would use. Michael Jordan wasn't "healthy" during one of the best games of his career - the flu game. Back on the subject, try averaging that out. Two players mostly good defensive for their position fitting near each other, then offensively one excels the other on an entirely different grade level.

Houston Rockets aren't known, though Miami Heat are. My brother is a huge fan of the heat, though he agrees with me. We watch both the Rockets and Heat play, along with the Bulls and GS. I say this because I actually watch the Rockets play, you guys probably don't, therefore you make theories of what James Harden is capable of in comparison to an old veteran, Dwayne Wade. What I'm saying in actually try watching it if you haven't, maybe you'll come to something rather than what you believe.

First off, you are all wrong. in the 12-13 season Wade had 0.8 blocks a game whilst Harden had 0.5. Check your stats. Wade is a lot better in defense. Not only did Harden rank number one for most Turnvovers in the 12-13 season, Wade didn't appear in the top 20 for most Turnovers. Wade had a slight advantage in PER. Also, my stats are among all players. Harden had the most turnovers in the NBA! Wade also has a greater field-goal percentage at 53% and Harden at 43%. If Wade played alongside Bosh without LeBron, he would've been considered the team hero, He would be better than Harden and that would be it. Because Wade plays alongside Lebron, he can't carry his team. Harden carried his team but couldn't alone. If Wade played alone he would've been in the race for Scoring leader and top 10 in assists, no doubt. I don't like the Heat, I don't like the Rocket either, but James Harden is not better than Dwayne Wade.

Also, I did realize they were opinion-based I was just calling you out on the fact you referred to it. I didn't edit that part in, it was already there I put in the"Roy Hibbert over Kobe" part. So don't assume I put that part in.

If you are wondering, I referred to this: Click

Deion

Posting Freak
Jul 3, 2010
First off, you are all wrong. in the 12-13 season Wade had 0.8 blocks a game whilst Harden had 0.5. Check your stats. Wade is a lot better in defense. Not only did Harden rank number one for most Turnvovers in the 12-13 season, Wade didn't appear in the top 20 for most Turnovers. Wade had a slight advantage in PER. Also, my stats are among all players. Harden had the most turnovers in the NBA! Wade also has a greater field-goal percentage at 53% and Harden at 43%. If Wade played alongside Bosh without LeBron, he would've been considered the team hero, He would be better than Harden and that would be it. Because Wade plays alongside Lebron, he can't carry his team. Harden carried his team but couldn't alone. If Wade played alone he would've been in the race for Scoring leader and top 10 in assists, no doubt. I don't like the Heat, I don't like the Rocket either, but James Harden is not better than Dwayne Wade.

Also, I did realize they were opinion-based I was just calling you out on the fact you referred to it. I didn't edit that part in, it was already there I put in the"Roy Hibbert over Kobe" part. So don't assume I put that part in.

If you are wondering, I referred to this: Click
You referring to an un-official site meanwhile those I posted on the previous page are sites that appear on television. ESPN, NBA.com, and another..

The blocks is incorrect, Harden's is higher. Just realized this too: rebounds make up defense as well as blocks and steals. Wade is only surpassing Harden at steals which his is ranked 1 and James Harden is right behind him.. I don't know where you get that turnovers thing from, as that is nowhere near correct. Although, Wade's field goal is better as he tends to shoot close in rather than 3's. (Not an excuse) Not going any further into this as I posted real stats on the first page, not an unofficial sites. Find me on an official site where James Harden is ranked number one in turnovers, and i'll consider that site realistic and agree. In conclusion: James Harden is better at offense and defense.

I'm done posting now, quote me on whatever, unless I see that it's real then consider the debate done. There's no point in me proving the same logic over and over because people's skulls are thick.

Last edited:

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
L.A Lakers
Bryant and Odom make a guud team
Gasol isn't that bad, Bryant makes it all good

Settaz

Jul 4, 2010
L.A Lakers
Bryant and Odom make a guud team
Gasol isn't that bad, Bryant makes it all good

Odom?

And @Dup "For those others that you said, they aren't even qualified to surpass him. You're just stating stuff from your own knowledge, as said before i'll be back when there's facts, not opinions." What you're quoting was not directed at me...

TruCluez

Posting Freak
Oct 14, 2013
I really dnt know wat to say after wat the Celtics did to kevin garnett and paul pierce. they gave them away to nets, but Warriors are good, seph curry,stephen curry,andre Igidola and more so warriors is at a good start. on another hand rockets are getting there team back in order. they have Jeremy lin,dwight, and james harden nd I find james harden as a great basketball play.

Last edited:

Settaz

Jul 4, 2010
I really dnt know wat to say after wat the Celtics did to kevin garnett and paul pierce. they gave them away to nets, but Warriors are good, seph curry,stephen curry,andre Igidola and more so warriors is at a good start. on another hand rockets are getting there team back in order. they have Jeremy lin,dwight, and james harden nd I find james harden as a great basketball play.

They could have stayed, well KG could have. He had a no trade clause where he only gets traded if he approves of it, and Paul Pierce wanted to go to the Nets he's the one that got KG to drop the trade clause so he could be traded. Js

Baller

Nov 1, 2013

The Celtics aren't doing as bad as I though they would. They're on a three-game winstreak and they beat the Heat last night. Celtics are gong through a rebuild around Rondo and somewhat Jeff Green. [In my opinion one of the most underrated at his position]. They wanted to trade Pierce and Garnett to bring in new players to begin a rebuild. They're 7th in the East, I know it's the beginning of the season, but it's somewhere I thought they wouldn't touch this season. I do agree that the Warriors are a problem with the addition of Andre Iguodala. They are a mix of good players, no one is much of a superstar. Rockets are probably going to be a threat if they can get along.

Users who are viewing this thread