[DEV] DevourCMS v1.0.0 [PHP / OOP / MySQLi]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus

Jun 30, 2012
You can actually enable curl on xampp,
google it, if i remember right your just need to un-comment the bit where the curl setting are httpd-conf (i think)

Yeah, I realise that, I believe it's in php.ini, but it still isn't user friendly. But if your all wanting cURL, ill use cURL:)

I'll take a look into it tomorrow some time, i'm working on the site at the moment. Any requests for the CMS, like any ideas on what you want me to include in it? :D

TheJoshy

PlusHost.org -> GOGOGO
Jul 4, 2010
TBH, I think this is gonna be better then ribbon.
On what grounds? You can't make assumptions without reason to back it up.

Looks good, seems like it's coming along well. The logo is very nice too. Can't wait to see the release, hopefully you will continue development.

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
Looks great can't wait, Try and avoid the same mistakes that ribbonCMS has, as its mainly let down by its appearance and fonts, I do not know about you but I can not even read the text on the default theme in ribbonCMS :)

Zeus

Jun 30, 2012
Great to see you guys are so enthusiastic about this! Me and Ribbon are not in a battle for the best CMS, we just want users to have something good to use :) The CMS will come with a decent theme, using useful things such as jQuery and other stuff to make it awesome, and it will have a template system too so users get the ease of making themes to make their site unique.

I'll continue with the development today, and have a look into cURL too. Progress is slow but promising.

One last thing; Think I should try to get Devour into the community projects section? :3

Zeus

Jun 30, 2012
Honestly, you should get into the community projects section, like NOW! :D

Haha, thanks.

Updates (Not Many)
As you all wanted cURL to be used, i'm currently coding a small function which will do the same as file_get_contents(); but with cURL of course. Then that's finished and time to finish the core file.

AlexFallen

Developer
Jul 19, 2011
Haha, thanks.

Updates (Not Many)
As you all wanted cURL to be used, i'm currently coding a small function which will do the same as file_get_contents(); but with cURL of course. Then that's finished and time to finish the core file.
Cool. :D

Zeus

Jun 30, 2012
Updates
After a little bit of help from the amazing Joopie, I managed to get cURL working in the version class. So
PHP:
$core->get_content();
is now used rather than having
PHP:
file_get_contents();
Also, i've submitted the DevourCMS thread into the submissions section for community projects, fingers crossed it'll pass.​
Finally, what options would you like to see available in the config file?​

AlexFallen

Developer
Jul 19, 2011
Updates
After a little bit of help from the amazing Joopie, I managed to get cURL working in the version class. So
PHP:
$core->get_content();
is now used rather than having
PHP:
file_get_contents();
Also, i've submitted the DevourCMS thread into the submissions section for community projects, fingers crossed it'll pass.​
Finally, what options would you like to see available in the config file?​
Maybe like in Development Mode or something, and like some other things like that.

Zeus

Jun 30, 2012
Maybe like in Development Mode or something, and like some other things like that.

'Development mode' meaning? What would development mode be?:)

Also, I decided to remove the
PHP:
$core->getUrl();
as it didn't have any appropriate use. Also i've cleaned the functions up a little, just removed some un-needed stuff from them. I might make a start on the class.hash.php now and get that out of the way. :D

AlexFallen

Developer
Jul 19, 2011
'Development mode' meaning? What would development mode be?:)

Also, I decided to remove the
PHP:
$core->getUrl();
as it didn't have any appropriate use. Also i've cleaned the functions up a little, just removed some un-needed stuff from them. I might make a start on the class.hash.php now and get that out of the way. :D
Like the website is going under changes or something. You know, like updates the site, for example if someone were making a hosting site or something, and wanted to close off the site until they added new plans or something :D

Zeus

Jun 30, 2012
Like the website is going under changes or something. You know, like updates the site, for example if someone were making a hosting site or something, and wanted to close off the site until they added new plans or something :D

Don't you mean Maintenance? x]

Nike

#MGK
Jun 9, 2012
I am anxious for this actually.
Should try to get it in the community projects?

Zeus

Jun 30, 2012
I am anxious for this actually.
Should try to get it in the community projects?

I already did if you have a look in the submissions. Also i've made the CMS' default favicon which is just a little D with rainbow swirls around it. I'm currently working on the maintenance system but unsure about if I should do it via the database or config file. Hm, thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread