[13oz01] SwipeCMS BETA official release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
SwipeCMSlogo.png
Here’s the release you have all been waiting for! The first official BETA of SwipeCMS!

Features:
  • Index/Landing/Login page: 100% finished.
  • Register: 100% finished.
  • Me page: 100% finished.
  • Settings: 70% finished. (current settings are 100% working, but more are to come here!)
  • Client: 100% finished.
Yes, these are the basic features of a CMS. What'd you expect of a BETA release? ;)

(Made for phoenix)

Screenshots:
Index:

Me:

Settings:

How to install?
First you upload all the files you your VPS/webhost. Take your time, I’ll be here when you get back. No, really. I’ll be here! Just go upload it now!

Okay, finished? Good. Step 2 then! Go into includes and find “Config.php”, open it up in a text editor and edit the settings in there. This should be finished soon enough I suppose, but again take your time I’ll still be here.

Done? Okay great! Now you need to import your Phoenix Database. I suppose you know how to do so already, so just do that. When that is finished all you need to do is setup your SWF’s.
I won’t tell you how to setup your SWFs though.

To set up your SWFs to your client you (unfortunately) have to go into client.php and edit the client IP and…. You know what? I’ll do it simpler.
Edit the following paste where “YOURIP” is your VPS IP, “YOURVARIABLES” is the link to your variables, “YOURTEXTS” is the link to your texts, “LINKTOSWFS” is the link to your SWF folder, “LINKTO_HABBOSWF” is the link to your Habbo.swf file. (Don’t worry, productdata and furnidata isn’t needed (I think)). Well enough chitchat, just edit this paste and replace your client.php file with it;

Download:
Mirror:

Older downloads(Not recommended using): (Note: 12oz10.2 has extreme exploits)

The official project homepage will *ALWAYS* be updated before any threads, you may find it here;

NOTE; Personally I do not suggest using this BETA release unless you make addons or extra pages for it. More features to come in the future!

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Productdata and Furnidata are needed I believe. Furnidata reflects the furniture name, etc. I may not be able to test this out but hoping for more development such as implementation of Groups and Homes! :)

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
Productdata and Furnidata are needed I believe. Furnidata reflects the furniture name, etc. I may not be able to test this out but hoping for more development such as implementation of Groups and Homes! :)
May be, but alot of the variables does that for you these days. I´m not sure if I removed it or not at my test hotel (Swipe Hotel) before I shut it down. Worked fine for me then.

Groups and homes have been planned, obviously group badge editing won´ be easy to implement, if I am to that is.. Currently focusing on improving performance and finishing more of the basics like news, staff and a plugin script.

Tronscript

Aug 18, 2012
I don't like it because the theme is horrible, IMO. I love how you attempted to make a custom theme, but I'd rather have no hotel, than have that theme.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
I don't like it because the theme is horrible, IMO. I love how you attempted to make a custom theme, but I'd rather have no hotel, than have that theme.

Rather than destroy him and put him down, please provide him 'constructive criticism', so he can work on it and improve, I personally love the skin, only and solely only, because he put effort into it by trying to do something different - and he also did the code himself, which makes me know he's put effort into the project. - Good job, and hope to see more and more releases/fixes as you go!

Tronscript

Aug 18, 2012
Rather than destroy him and put him down, please provide him 'constructive criticism', so he can work on it and improve, I personally love the skin, only and solely only, because he put effort into it by trying to do something different - and he also did the code himself, which makes me know he's put effort into the project. - Good job, and hope to see more and more releases/fixes as you go!
I didn't mean to put him down... read the end of my reply... "I love how you attempted to create a custom theme"

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
I didn't mean to put him down... read the end of my reply... "I love how you attempted to create a custom theme"

I think you don't understand what 'constructive criticism' is.. Saying 'I don't like it because the theme is horrible' and then 'I love how you attempted to make a custom theme' - doesn't make no sense at all?! You don't even tell him how to improve it, how you you not like it then love it? Makes no sense, could at least tell him what he could improve on with the design..

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
You should take a step further into your design as there is a lot of room for improvement but other than that, It looks good so.. Good luck with it :up:

e.g. Styling your link...
Add some more padding to the title bars...

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
Aha, Personally I like it. Hence why I made it. You can make your own theme however. that is not of the easiest tasks until the templating system has been made.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I like it, but a few things like on the index I believe it would have looked better without the top bar.

Also I think there is not enough added to the CMS to my likings, but what can I expect in a BETA release?
Looking good my friend, keep up the good work :up:

Tronscript

Aug 18, 2012
I think you don't understand what 'constructive criticism' is.. Saying 'I don't like it because the theme is horrible' and then 'I love how you attempted to make a custom theme' - doesn't make no sense at all?! You don't even tell him how to improve it, how you you not like it then love it? Makes no sense, could at least tell him what he could improve on with the design..
Well, I'm sorry I guess (?). Raz0r, continue with your development. Good luck with your CMS, and I am sorry if I discouraged you in anyway.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
After looking into the screenshots, I noticed that there were uncertain feeling about the blending of colors... yes, it's a Habbo CMS but the color doesn't match at all. Also, on index, better if the 'Register now for free' blue button won't underline as what we can see on the screenshot. You need to improve alot when it comes on the interface but I'm pretty sure you could work on it.

Also, on the navigator.. better if they are actually separated tabs and not just 1 tab with multiple links separated only by a |.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
After looking into the screenshots, I noticed that there were uncertain feeling about the blending of colors... yes, it's a Habbo CMS but the color doesn't match at all. Also, on index, better if the 'Register now for free' blue button won't underline as what we can see on the screenshot. You need to improve alot when it comes on the interface but I'm pretty sure you could work on it.

Also, on the navigator.. better if they are actually separated tabs and not just 1 tab with multiple links separated only by a |.
Regarding the colors, I´m color blind. To me this looks great, and I´ve actually gotten most color codes from habbo.com itself.. The underline... Yeah.. I´ve tried removing it, but for some reason my CSS just don´t want to be helpful.

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
Regarding the colors, I´m color blind. To me this looks great, and I´ve actually gotten most color codes from habbo.com itself.. The underline... Yeah.. I´ve tried removing it, but for some reason my CSS just don´t want to be helpful.
Does .{text-decoration: none} not work?

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
Does .{text-decoration: none} not work?
Didn´t for me. 
Well, I'm sorry I guess (?). Raz0r, continue with your development. Good luck with your CMS, and I am sorry if I discouraged you in anyway.
Don't you worry, I'm used to people trying to destroy me. Manuel has toughened me alot. I go by the rule that as long as I like it, idgaf what others think tbh. Obviously I'd try to make it after how the community wants it, even though I only do this project to learn.

Also Craig, Thanks man! Appreciate your support ;D

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
I don't know if i should do this or not because i haven't talked with Sindre about it yet,but for people who don't like the whole style of the CMS i'm releasing the habbo theme i'm currently using on my developement once Sindre approves it :) | So guys please stop discouraging Sindre because of the CMS's theme.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
I don't know if i should do this or not because i haven't talked with Sindre about it yet,but for people who don't like the whole style of the CMS i'm releasing the habbo theme i'm currently using on my developement once Sindre approves it :) | So guys please stop discouraging Sindre because of the CMS's theme.
Feel free to release new themes, just keep credits to me and I'm fine ;)

Updates:
Good news to those who doesn't like SwipeCMS' current template; Ryan is doing a new design for it, and I will see if I can manage to add that unplanned templating system. (wasn't supposed to add one before V2 but eh)

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
Its a differant theme, I like it... Opening a hotel soon, ill test your CMS on it :)
Yays. Although I do not suggest using it as it's extremely basic for now. If you have a Housekeeping/ASE that doesn't require a specific CMS you might be able to use it properly though. Still more features to come, and next release will include a way to manage your users, news etc. as well.

Just saying this so that I don't have the responsibillity if something were to come up (So far I haven't got any exploits reported, so I suppose it's safe enough for proper use).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread