XenForo IIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevada

Oct 16, 2011
Ok so I purchased an XenForo license for my IIS webserver however it has htaccess instead of web.config. I've tried converting them but I still seem to be getting errors. Could anyone give me a hand?

Much appreciated!

Nevada

Oct 16, 2011
Hmm. I see your problem. (its pheonix's fault).
Try this link ->
I used that but i'm still getting

"
Server Error
403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

NextToNothing

Dec 5, 2010
only if you run apache or iis on a different port from each other, say one on port 8080 and one on port 80, but this will confuse people and they will get annoyed and it doesn't look too good, and speed will go down because your running two web servers.

TheSkittle

Dec 4, 2011
Try installing Helicon APE and it should read the default .htaccess file included with XenForo.

And about the post above, I have absolutely no idea why you would host two web servers in the first place.

Nevada

Oct 16, 2011
Try installing Helicon APE and it should read the default .htaccess file included with XenForo.

And about the post above, I have absolutely no idea why you would host two web servers in the first place.
Do I just install Helicon APE and then it'll work? Or does it require some configuration or anything?

Nevada

Oct 16, 2011
Should work as soon as you have installed it. You will need .NET Extensibility enabled though, which can be easily installed through Role services.
Okay, and is the free version suffice or would I need to purchase the full product?

Edit:
Installed free version but still doesn't seem to work? :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread