PC Wtf do you think happened to this server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DingLyDellmeister

To Ding, or to Dell.
Aug 21, 2011
85.236.100.24:26365 - faction pvp [still 1.4.2]
It used to be my favourite server, then it went down when Minecraft 1.3 came out. I didn't bother deleting the ip... Shortly after the release of 1.4.2, I noticed it was up... I joined, and there were NO factions at all.... The server has been in 1.4.2 ever since, and I have NEVER seen a single player online. (Excluding myself)

27382246.jpg

DingLyDellmeister

To Ding, or to Dell.
Aug 21, 2011
1.4.3 was an update, it was just a small one pretty much included in 1.4.4. As far as i'm aware they had a pre-release for 1.4.3 including bug fixes from the scary update?
There was a but never an actual 1.4.3, it was part of 1.4.4...

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
Still technically a update though. A lot of these servers are run by children who have their parents pay the server bills, not many last more than a month. I suggest finding another server.

Deion

Posting Freak
Jul 3, 2010
As they updated the servers, the plugins also needed updated by the developers which could cause time. They've probably been lacking plugins within the time they switched and decided to just stop waiting and give up.

DingLyDellmeister

To Ding, or to Dell.
Aug 21, 2011
As they updated the servers, the plugins also needed updated by the developers which could cause time. They've probably been lacking plugins within the time they switched and decided to just stop waiting and give up.
I don't think so, most the plugins seem to have been updated.

Still technically a update though. A lot of these servers are run by children who have their parents pay the server bills, not many last more than a month. I suggest finding another server.
It's still up - and I'd already found another server, it had gone down between 1.3 and 1.4... I was wondering what happened... since all the factions are gone, and it's still up therefore they must still be paying...

Deion

Posting Freak
Jul 3, 2010
I don't think so, most the plugins seem to have been updated.

It's still up - and I'd already found another server, it had gone down between 1.3 and 1.4... I was wondering what happened... since all the factions are gone, and it's still up therefore they must still be paying...
They have been updated now, they weren't as soon as thrkorsion came out which cause servers that updated to deny the plugins because they would be outdated compared to the server. That explains why factions weren't working when you went on, they had the outdated version because the developer hadn't updated it as soon as a new minecraft version came out.

DingLyDellmeister

To Ding, or to Dell.
Aug 21, 2011
They have been updated now, they weren't as soon as thrkorsion came out which cause servers that updated to deny the plugins because they would be outdated compared to the server. That explains why factions weren't working when you went on, they had the outdated version because the developer hadn't updated it as soon as a new minecraft version came out.
Factions were working - there were none left, it auto-kicks you from the faction if you're gone for too long... then they get disbanded when there are no people left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread