Would you ban animal testing?

Yazmin

Aug 17, 2013
MODS: Not sure if there is a topic about this, if there is then feel free to delete the thread.

I thought this would be a good topic as people are voting to ban animal testing and I want to know your opinions on it.
If you had the chance to, would you ban animal testing or not?

I'm an animal lover and I believe animals are such loyal creatures they shouldn't be harmed. They don't have much power as much as us humans, so we should leave them alone and let them enjoy their freedom whilst they can. Most animals don't have long to live and for their lives to be taken away by testing dangerous cosmetics on them is wrong. Even if they're tested on dirty animals like rats, they still have a right to live. Animals are God's creation and the reason why nature exists.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
I'd ban it in an instance.
I learnt extremely much about animal testing at school (My course was mainly about animals, on the way to a veterinary education(No, I'd never become a vet)). Whilst doing so, I grew more and more hate against products tested on animals (except clothes. "This sweater was tested on animals. It didn't fit.". That's just hilarious).

And in my opinion, Rats aren't dirty animals. Atleast not the ones we breed as pets. I would know, I had 3 myself. :)

Yazmin

Aug 17, 2013
I'd ban it in an instance.
I learnt extremely much about animal testing at school (My course was mainly about animals, on the way to a veterinary education(No, I'd never become a vet)). Whilst doing so, I grew more and more hate against products tested on animals (except clothes. "This sweater was tested on animals. It didn't fit.". That's just hilarious).

And in my opinion, Rats aren't dirty animals. Atleast not the ones we breed as pets. I would know, I had 3 myself. :)

I learnt about animal testing too and it's a sick thing to do to poor innocent creatures. I wouldn't mind being a vet, that great feeling of knowing you saved an animals life :) Most shops now produce cosmetics that aren't tested on animals, which I hope every shop does. I was thinking of the rats that live in the gutters btw, the nice and tamed rats are the cutest.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
I learnt about animal testing too and it's a sick thing to do to poor innocent creatures. I wouldn't mind being a vet, that great feeling of knowing you saved an animals life :) Most shops now produce cosmetics that aren't tested on animals, which I hope every shop does. I was thinking of the rats that live in the gutters btw, the nice and tamed rats are the cutest.
I was overviewing our schools veterinary office to see how a day of a vet. is. Personally, I got sick just watching. I'd never be capable of doing that job myself.

Most of the rats used in testing are bred(and cute), as they need as albino rats (as albino as they can get it), but there's a ton of inbreeding going on to achieve it. They won't care about inbreeding in that business, due to the pure fact, the rats'll die rather quickly (to horrible ways).

Zoowned

Jan 8, 2014
It is terrible, I do agree there. But if they were not testing on Animals what do you think they would be using? Most likely us. So in the end, It is terrible but I would rather it not be humans that are the ones being tested.

Yazmin

Aug 17, 2013
It is terrible, I do agree there. But if they were not testing on Animals what do you think they would be using? Most likely us. So in the end, It is terrible but I would rather it not be humans that are the ones being tested.
I'd rather they test these chemicals/products/cosmetics on prisoners (rapists, murderers, pedophiles, etc) because they're the reason why the world is so bad:))) Animals don't do such a thing wrong

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
There is in fact a LOT of human beings APPLYING to be tested on. They get very well paid (due to damage risks). Those choose it for themselves.
Other than that, they've been able to grown meat in laboratories, though it's not really edible yet, they can test it on fake organic materials.

I'd rather they test these chemicals/products/cosmetics on prisoners (rapists, murderers, pedophiles, etc) because they're the reason why the world is so bad:))) Animals don't do such a thing wrong
That would make us go back in time. Nazi scientists did that on their "prisoners". Even if their prisoners in reality hadn't done anything wrong, it's still not humane. Goes against every human rights organization on the planet.
Even though I do agree they need harder sentences, throwing away compassion for other humans (even though I personally don't like the human race), even if they did wrong, is making us the same as the ones in prison.

Zoowned

Jan 8, 2014
I was aware that people get paid to be tested upon, That is okay because it is 100% their choice and they are being compensated for it. They should definately stop animal testing though. I would ban it if I could personally but the reality is that it will never end.

Yazmin

Aug 17, 2013
I was aware that people get paid to be tested upon, That is okay because it is 100% their choice and they are being compensated for it. They should definately stop animal testing though. I would ban it if I could personally but the reality is that it will never end.

It'll never end because the world is just getting worst and worst, so many sick people out there.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
It'll never end because the world is just getting worst and worst, so many sick people out there.
Never say never. Most cosmetics companies have said that they'll move on, if there is another way to test it (which isn't just yet). Once the laboratorial meat/skin/flesh/organic material's suitable, I bet practically all cosmetics companies will switch to that.

Other than that, there is one more way it may end. With the annihilation of the human race. :3

Yazmin

Aug 17, 2013
Never say never. Most cosmetics companies have said that they'll move on, if there is another way to test it (which isn't just yet). Once the laboratorial meat/skin/flesh/organic material's suitable, I bet practically all cosmetics companies will switch to that.

Other than that, there is one more way it may end. With the annihilation of the human race. :3
They should make a doll which has everything a human has and test it. Don't know how that'll work out though

Zoowned

Jan 8, 2014

That about sums it up lmao.

Brenner23

May 15, 2013
NO! They should not be tested on for Cosmetics, but for scientific research to progress cures for cancer and other illness, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread