What will happen if.......

Aruthra

Owner, Swift Industry
Aug 14, 2013
What will happen if all the search engines shut down and we can't be able to google what happened to google and other search engines?

Damon

Aug 13, 2012
There will ALWAYS be one search engine.. I dont see Google ever closing near by.. nor would bing or yahoo.

Damon

Aug 13, 2012
Damon, what if...
If it was to happen, I'm sure there will always be another company that would produce a search engine.

If all just shutdown like that, it'd be a chaotic world and your need to remember all of those url addresses xD

Aspiree

Nov 27, 2013
Most of the population in the world won't know what to do ,We use search engines everyday without it we would be stuck.

Like @Damon said ' There will always be one search engine ' :D

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
There's thousands of small unheard of search engines.

However, if it was ti happen every url would still be accessable so business could still carry on as usual but I think it'd only no less than a week before a new, well built search engine popped up.

What I'd like to know is how it effects SEO, hmm...

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I think that companies such as Google would get a bunch of people suing because they're paying for their links to be at the top and things as such, when Google is down that doesn't happen.

Also as others said before, something else will pop up and I'm sure off the internet media (newspapers, tv) will guide people to new search engines :)

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
I would form a website where everyone posts a URL of what they'd like under heaps of different categories on let's say Wikipedia.

Users who are viewing this thread