What kinda VPS should I buy?

Patriik

Hello Kitty is Senpai!
Mar 20, 2016
Hello!

I would like to ask one and only one question.

I am going to soon buy VPS for my habbo retro, so what kinda VPS I should buy?
  • How much RAM?
  • What core is the best?
  • Ubuntu, joomla or ??? (My web hosting company that I am using is sadly only selling Linux virtual private servers)
Thanks for help in advance!!

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Hello!

I would like to ask one and only one question.

I am going to soon buy VPS for my habbo retro, so what kinda VPS I should buy?
  • How much RAM?
  • What core is the best?
  • Ubuntu, joomla or ??? (My web hosting company that I am using is sadly only selling Linux virtual private servers)
Thanks for help in advance!!
1) At LEAST 2GB
2) Intel but as far as that goes it doesn't really matter.
3) Ubuntu has more support than most of your other Linux GUI's

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
1) At LEAST 2GB
2) Intel but as far as that goes it doesn't really matter.
3) Ubuntu has more support than most of your other Linux GUI's
Linux will not work unless you're using a linux emulator.. and the only good, fully finished one out there is comet, which isn't released. I recommend a 2gb VPS from ovh :)
I hosted a hotel called habjoy on it a while back and it regularly hit 50 online, with no lag (VPS cpu was at 10 ish percent and ram around 80 percent with 50 online)
It was only a 1 core 2gb ram vps.

If you want a windows vps, I will do you a deal on yourvps.net!
I also sell retro setups if you need help :)

VPS's -
Retro setups - 2
Retro setup example - (A client payed for this, I can customize the setup to your desires.) Note that you must own the domain, or you will get yourhotelname.yourvps.net.

Last edited:

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
So @_Josh you mean the VPS SSD 1 from ovh? Is that fine to start and if I run that (linux ubuntu) what kinda emu I should run then?
You will need windows (Far more expensive) if you want to run a habbo retro. Linux would take a very long time and I don't think you're at the skill level to be using things such as wine. To further this, I don't even know if an emulator would work completely on/with wine.

Well where I can get cheap windows vps?
YourVPS.net ~ I'll do you weekly payments if you wanna test it first :) (8.99 divided by four, 13.49 divided by four, etc)

Users who are viewing this thread