brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
Any comments?
fI4FhR.png

Brennen

hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia
Nov 6, 2011
not bad IMO, would love to see that coded, is it for Pabbo?

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Pretty ugly, IMO.

Please do not italicize the text, it makes it look bad. Also, that green doesn't really fit in.

Alam

shietttt
Jul 3, 2011
I Understand you are new to photoshop , so what can i say? practice = progress :)

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
not bad IMO, would love to see that coded, is it for Pabbo?
Yes, it will be use on Pabbo.
Pretty ugly, IMO.
Please do not italicize the text, it makes it look bad.
Also, that green doesn't really fit in.
It isn't italicized, it's just the font. I am changing the green, but I don't know a suitable color. I am not really a designer, but in order to become a good coder you need to be able to design. That's why I am taking comments and constructive criticism.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
It isn't italicized, it's just the font. I am changing the green, but I don't know a suitable color. I am not really a designer, but in order to become a good coder you need to be able to design. That's why I am taking comments and constructive criticism.

Red or a sleek silver would be better, as Josh said, the green just doesnt fit

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
First off the font is ... sorry .. terrible, too big and dosen't fit with the overall design. Second, the checkbox is too bare and I don't like the tick, also it's too big. The green color dosen't look great either, and the textboxes look like buttons. Also, do NOT rasterize your shapes... EVER unless you have a reaaaaaaalllyy good reason.

What you can do better:
  • Find another font, a sans-serif (like Arial, Helvetica Neue or Lucida Grande would fit good)
  • Put the size down for the font, it's too big.
  • Make the checkbox appear smaller, but also the tick to have a longer lead and the background more dynamic.
  • If you're going to use green for your button, choose a more coloured one - the one used is too boring (mat).
  • Don't rasterize your shapes. If you didn't use shapes, then do it. If you don't know how, Google it.
  • Also for your headline ("admin panel") another font, maybe something more stylish and also smaller appearance.
  • The font for the button - again change it to a sans-serif (the same as the username, password, keep me logged in, forgot password and textbox fonts)
  • For the textboxes, use a white background and make some inner shadow to indicate it's a textbox, not a button.
  • Also make your "Forgot password" easier to see - maybe beside the button.
  • Make the button smaller in appearance, it's too big.
  • Fix the corners, they look pixelated - that's ugly.
If you think that is too much, then try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread