Weird Walking Over Furni

Berk

berkibap#4233
Developer
Oct 17, 2015
Hey,

So I added newest Christmas 2018 furni and this weird thing happens when you walk over it and furniture table looks like this:
You must be registered for see images attach

I tried to extend the width and length but it didn't work.
Any clues why that would happen? Should I change the swf?
Thanks.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Change stack_height to 0
Please do not set stack height to 0. It actually makes the furniture broken / not work properly. (If the item isn't walkable, you'll be able to just walk over it. Sometimes items can fall behind the furniture isntead of on top)

Set width to 2
Length to 2
Stack height to 0.1

Bran

habcrush.pw
Mar 13, 2017
? He's right, it causes problems down the road
it really doesn't though.... stack height is how high you can walk onto it, for example stairs is stack_height 1 you can walk up onto them, a throne for example stack_height 1 you sit on it your height is 1 when you sit on it... i've changed stack_height to 0 and it hasn't caused any problems atall so

Liam

Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
Hell, some hotels don't even bother to fix the issue the OP was having, so users have to go to the lengths of using the stack tool anyway. I personally spend the time to copy Habbos exact stack heights. Whatever floats your boat :up:

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
it really doesn't though.... stack height is how high you can walk onto it, for example stairs is stack_height 1 you can walk up onto them, a throne for example stack_height 1 you sit on it your height is 1 when you sit on it... i've changed stack_height to 0 and it hasn't caused any problems atall so
Please read my comment fully, I have provided you with what happens if you set the stack height to 0. It can cause some problems with the furniture. If you place items on some rugs you have set to 0, the furniture you set on top of it could appear behind it because they are at the same exact level (stack height of 0) and cause issues with how you see the furniture stacked. Secondly, if you have an item like a stack of books and you set the stack height to 0 and walkable to 0, you will still be able to walk over it because it's not actually there (the floor is 0, the furniture height is 0 which means nothing is there)

Please don't act like a smartass simply because I provided you with a better practice for adding furniture into the database. I wasn't even a dick about it in the first place. You sir, are the idiot.

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
Can confirm had many issues building peaks map with stack height 0 items, should probably be fixed in the emu though @LukeOx :)
Personally though, I use 0.0001 - using 0.1 to the particular eye still makes you go up slightly and for items which truly have no stack height if you're putting a few down they will start stacking to recognizable heights (e.g overlapping floors)

Users who are viewing this thread