Website Changes

Bleep

PHP - HTML - CSS - JAVA ✔
Oct 19, 2012
Note: All the things I say below are in my opinion, don't be butthurt in the comments.

So I'm the sort of person who hates change, I like things to stay the same how I like them.
Recently, a lot of websites have decided to change or add features. I have to say, I'm not so keep on the permanent theme here on Devbest but I still know my way around.

First,
Facebook. Facebook isn't so bad with the changes as it only changes small little things like buttons etc. About 10 minutes ago, facebook added a new status feature which in my opinion isn't needed.
q58NKwk.png

I guess this feature is useful to some people but not to me really, it's only a click to my profile or the top of the home-screen. I have noticed Facebook are building upon 'Twitter with followers etc and now this which is dangerously close to the button shown below.
3d68defb0c3e49a79b0e54e.png

This button happens to have the same function as the one on facebook.

Next,
Youtube. Wow, what can I say? It's Google. There's something about Google that makes the team think they're not good enough; that they need to improve. Google, you really don't. I miss the old youtube like this:
miniusayoutube.jpg

Then when they updated to a new layout shown below I was slightly pissed but I learnt to like it and I still do.
2012-Olympic-YouTube-Channel-3-Background-Layout-Theme.jpg

Now they give us this shit:
73bfa94f38514034b398103.png

Google are turning Youtube into Google+ and it's just ruining the whole community in my opinion.

Youtube are going to be charging to watch VEVO videos in the future and now they've started a film channel to watch films for money.. off course; it's Google.
244d97816b374803ac97e68.png

I don't like change, do you?
Give me your views on websites changing their look.
Do you like it? Do you not? and Why?

Thank you

Xyro

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2011
Yeah I agree, some of these changes to main websites is such a pain. Especially the facebook ones, I dunno what the the facebook crew are doing but it's just a waste of time ^^

NSA

sudo apt-get thefuckout.tar.gz
Dec 9, 2011
Not too sure about Facebook.
That new status update button is ridiculously similar to Twitters.

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
That new button on facebook is fucking stupid.
How many ways do they want to add to update our status'?
There's already like, what? 3-4 ways?

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
People need to stop bitching every time a major site decides to get a new look. You'd all moan if it was kept the same year after year, then you moan when they add new features?!

Give it a month or two and everyone would of gotten used to it all.

CallumL

Started from the bottom, now the all team here.
Nov 14, 2010
I'm only annoyed about the Youtube change. It's ugly and everytime they update it, it seems to get even more complicated. :mad:

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
People need to stop bitching every time a major site decides to get a new look. You'd all moan if it was kept the same year after year, then you moan when they add new features?!

Not facebook. Most of the changes on there are either completely pointless, or stupid and make the site look ugly.

Bleep

Oct 19, 2012

Quote: Note: All the things I say below are in my opinion, don't be butthurt in the comments.

I posted that to stop people like you moaning.

NSA

Dec 9, 2011
I agree, but I don't see the point in them adding new features to this site when they're going to be doing a major re-design in a few weeks.

Like here... where's that button gonna fit in here? It would just look out of place.

facebook-newsfeed-mobile.png

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Quote: Note: All the things I say below are in my opinion, don't be butthurt in the comments.

I posted that to stop people like you moaning.
1) I'm not but-hurt, I'm doing what everyone else is doing and stating my opinion
2) "people like you" what is that supposed to mean?

If you don't like my comment deal with it appropriately and learn to take some criticism.

Bleep

Oct 19, 2012
1) I'm not but-hurt, I'm doing what everyone else is doing and stating my opinion
2) "people like you" what is that supposed to mean?

If you don't like my comment deal with it appropriately and learn to take some criticism.

I asked for your opinion on the websites changing, not people ranting about it.
'People like you' means people who feel the need to say what they want because they're behind a keyboard.

Anyway, I'm not going to respond to your next post (If you do post one) because we're going off-topic.

NSA

Dec 9, 2011
The new Facebook button seems to have disappeared pretty quickly.

Reedz

#1 Baller
Jul 9, 2012
I totally agree, Facebook just doesn't like seeing Twitter catch up with them in the social network table. It's obvious, Twitter is working its way up, plus, Twitter gets all celebrity's attention too.

Users who are viewing this thread