• 2 Years C#;
  • 1 Year Javascript;
  • 2 Years Unity Engine;
  • 1 Year Unreal Engine;
PORTFOLIO
  • HoME -
  • TheUndead -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If interested please contact me by email as I'm not very active in the forums.

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
So you started coding PHP at 12. Seems legit
most people currently are learning PHP, HTML, CSS at just 11 years old today so I don't see how its surprising for him to start coding at age 12, its pretty good on him because he knows if he kept learning code then he would have a successful career with it if he uses it to his ability.

on topic:

Would be good to show some evidence of your coding or some examples of stuff you have done. Also your github link doesn't work.

Ollie

Jan 7, 2013
most people currently are learning PHP, HTML, CSS at just 11 years old today so I don't see how its surprising for him to start coding at age 12, its pretty good on him because he knows if he kept learning code then he would have a successful career with it if he uses it to his ability.

on topic:

Would be good to show some evidence of your coding or some examples of stuff you have done. Also your github link doesn't work.

Yes I do understand that, but lets be honest lots of people Ballshit applications and portfolios.

Simplexion

Dec 19, 2011
I started coding at twelve as well. Age is but a number, your mind state and determination mean everything. Coding is as simple as reading and remember and figuring shit out as it goes. I'm sure at the age of 12 you can read and remember most things if not all. The ages 12-15 are prime times to expand your brain, so the fact that he started at twelve just gives him a ten times higher chance that he will be more successful than a 18 year old out of school already getting accustomed to not having to learn every day.

On topic, I suggest you expand your application a bit more. Any samples are good samples, if you yourself designed anything small then show it.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I started coding at twelve as well. Age is but a number, your mind state and determination mean everything. Coding is as simple as reading and remember and figuring shit out as it goes. I'm sure at the age of 12 you can read and remember most things if not all. The ages 12-15 are prime times to expand your brain, so the fact that he started at twelve just gives him a ten times higher chance that he will be more successful than a 18 year old out of school already getting accustomed to not having to learn every day.

On topic, I suggest you expand your application a bit more. Any samples are good samples, if you yourself designed anything small then show it.
I agree with you here. Just to help clear up the topic of bullshit applications...

If anyone lies about their application or gives misleading information it'll show within their work and they will be caught out - if proven to lie then that's their reputation ruined (on here at least). Just worry about your application or don't bother commenting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread