Ulbris - A Dungeon Crawler/RPG

Macheath

Jul 17, 2011
Ulbris is my first game under the official name RapidBug Games, . A suitable combination of dungeon crawler and RPG mixed with RTS and card based combat. Created in C# and XNA, supporting windows (maybe Xbox is people like it).

You play a young man, who is fed up with his villages belief in the gods. People in the village are dying because they give all their harvest to beings who don't even exist. He runs away, intent on starting his own village. However as he sleeps he meets the Godess Ulbris, who sends him into damnation in a dungeon. He is not the only one, the greedy and the skeptic have also been sent here. Now he must escape, defeating 10 levels, 10 bosses and a whole load on monsters. You can't trust anything people sell you, you can't trust anything people leave behind and you can't trust people. How are you going to escape?

It'll be $3 on alpha release, $6 on beta release and $12 once it's fully polished, includes free upgrades and access to DLC.

Dayron1234

Rapnameiszero,cuzIhavezero,toleranceforidiots
Jun 30, 2010
So, you coded this whole game by your self or did it come with IndieGames so you can choose whatever and it auto creates the levels ect..?

Macheath

Jul 17, 2011
No, it's going to be done by myself, minus the graphics and sound, I have people in mind to do that. My distribution platform allows me to use their DRM and achivement system.

And I have no hosting

Dayron1234

Rapnameiszero,cuzIhavezero,toleranceforidiots
Jun 30, 2010
So this game is not done and people can pre-order? Hmm good luck with this game.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Seems like you got everything planned out ;)
Story line seems pretty good, for DLC you could use more levels, armor maybe?
So this game is not done and people can pre-order? Hmm good luck with this game.
I don't think it's in Alpha stages yet, when it is in Alpha it will be 'playable', but won't have all features and such. Just like Minecraft.

Anyways, sounds great. Good luck! :)

Macheath

Jul 17, 2011
For DLC I would like to add randomly generated dungeons and armor to make it more interesting. But that'll be something I'll look at later

Macheath

Jul 17, 2011
Progress!
I finished my Gamestate manager yesterday, it looks kind of bad- I'll fix it up later. Here's a screenshot, it's not amazing or anything mind you:
JEmfW.png

Most of it is placeholder until I can get something which looks more pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread