[Tut] WebHosting CMS/PHPretro/Uber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
On DevBest there is a lot of people wanting to know if you can host a hotel via a webhost and YES you can do it, it's possible after research I would like to share with you what I have found.

First you need this few things:

1. A Hotel Download, any version If I'm correct.

2. A FTP Client : Smart FTP

3. A Webhost Account (000webhost recomended)

4. Holograph Emulator :

5. MySQL ODBC Driver 5.1 :

OK now we start:

1. First download all the stuff need above.

2. Make a 000webhost account and make sure make Domain or Subdomain.

3. After that, Open your FTP Client and then go to site Cpanel and click 'View FTP Details'.

4. Copy ur FTP Details and paste it to your FTP Client.

5. Log in tour webhost and copy and paste the HoloCMS files to 'public_html' file and don;t fotget to delete 'default.php'. Click upload.

6. Done upload to ur webhost? Good. Now go to site 'http://yoursite.com'

7. Now go to the Webhost Cpanel and click MySQL. Write this:

Database name : a********_'holodb'
Database Usename: a********_'youruser'
Password : Anything

8. Now back to ur Cpanel and find phpMyadmin.

9. Import your databasa there. Now go to your site. You'll see a installer. Click 'Install'

10. Fill woth your MySQL Details :

Database name : a*********_holodb
Databsa username: a*******_' '
Password :
Database Host:

11. Click proceed after filling the blanks. After installing you;ll see a page that you need to do an Admin Account. You must DO THIS!!

12. Then go back to ur FTP Client and delete 'install.php' and 'upgrade.php'

Credit's not to me off course, any problems you know what to do!

You need to pay for your CPanel or you will not have access to any memory, etc.

X1M!

le troller
Jan 6, 2011
000webhost deletes the website after they see the illegal contents on it though.

Nice tutorial.

<3

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Well you don't have to use 000webhost.com you can use more CPanel hostings, thanks for the comment.

X1M!

le troller
Jan 6, 2011
Maybe you should list some cPanel hosts up on the tutorial? I would appreciate it.

<3

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
This tutorial is not for a list of Cpanels it's hosting a hotel on the webhost, if you can't find a Cpanel and set it up the same as what I've showed you then the person should forget the fact of hosting a hotel LOL, I'll host some cPanel sites up soon.

Livar

Now 35% cooler!
Oct 15, 2010
Nice tutorial, but theres a thing to it. This won't work unless you pay for a Web host that allows incoming ports in for the Emulator and so on.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Thanks, I'll edit the tutorial to make sure newbies get that you need to purchase for the amount of space, etc.

iNeon

Jul 3, 2010
Ki, Add Freei.me For Hosting, Its A Great VistaPanel. Probberly The Best For Retro's ETC.

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
If you're using a webhost and running the emu on a pc/vps/dedi you need to make sure you have Remote MySQL enabled or it may not work..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread