[TUT] Create your own TCP Proxy!

thewicard

Nov 4, 2011
Want to minimize your risk when running a hotel? Well I'm going to show how you can run a server ON-Shore without ever have to worry about Sulake taking it down.

What are you going to need?
A second windows server including the server you have. About any cheap OFF-Shore server will do.

Step 1:

And run through the setup!

Step 2:
Now, run portmapper, then it will appear in the system tray. The M you see

2NcVK.jpg

1) Right click the system tray icon of portmapper and click "Configure"
2) Now click the "Configure mapping" button and then click "Add"
3) Fill in your information. (port you want to forward and the ip you want to forward to)
Remember - portforwarding is needed in both servers!

2NcYF.png

Now click OK->OK->OK
And you're done - all connections done to that port will be forwarded.

Security tip: Use an anonymous vps to host this proxy, or pay for the vps that you use with prepaid VISA. Use VPN both when you administrate and when you buy the VPS.

To get your clients ip: Do the exact same as you would through cloudflare.
$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] = isset($_SERVER["HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP"]) ? $_SERVER["HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP"] : $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"];

Also see:

MxRE

Sep 21, 2010
Nice thread. You included good pictures, explained everything well and went into good detail whilst keeping it short and easy to understand.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Nice, I prefer to just use rinetd on Ubuntu, it pretty much does the same thing.

Question, with this can you 'proxy' (redirect TCP connections from one IP address and port to another) multiple times?

thewicard

Nov 4, 2011
Nice, I prefer to just use rinetd on Ubuntu, it pretty much does the same thing.

Question, with this can you 'proxy' (redirect TCP connections from one IP address and port to another) multiple times?
I don't really understand how that would be possible, but feel free to test it out x)

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Nice tutorial, but if the server hosting the hotel (Server A) has 1,000mbps uplink and the proxy (Server B) has 100mbps uplink (Cheap server eh?) would it not bottleneck?
I'm just saying because I think people are going to be using this a lot (it's a good tutorial), and wouldn't realize their connection speed would be limited to server b's uplink.

Users who are viewing this thread