Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ButtLord420

Please delete my devbest account.
Dec 11, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I know that alot of people have a trouble when making .something files and then placing them on windows and I know how annoying it could be so I thought I would share a way on how to do it.

Step 1:
Press windows key + r and type in cmd (Or open it another way if you know)

Step 2:
type "rename c:\pathtoyourfile\yourfile.txt .whattorenameto" without the quotes and change "pathtoyourfile" to the folder that leads to your file and "yourfile.txt" to the actual file. then do a space and type in what you want to rename it to. In this example i used ".whattorenameto"

Step 3:
Press enter and Viola! you just renamed it! P.S you do not have to rename the file to .something it can be anything.

Thanks,

Jamz

FarLock

ThisHabbo Media Journalist
Apr 21, 2012
You could also use the Folder and Search options then uncheck the 'Hide extensions for known files' then it will show their extensions, when renaming you can change their file type.

ButtLord420

Dec 11, 2010
You could also use the Folder and Search options then uncheck the 'Hide extensions for known files' then it will show their extensions, when renaming you can change their file type.
Yes, you may do that but when you rename it to .something windows will not allow it. (well on win 7 & 8 it dosent)

Another way is to configure apache to read something.txt rather than .something but then if someone finds the text, your in trouble.

NextToNothing

Dec 5, 2010
Download a blank one from FTP and then copy it everytime you need a fresh one? That or you could use linux, since its free, lol.
But its a neat little trick to use on windows :)

ButtLord420

Dec 11, 2010
Download a blank one from FTP and then copy it everytime you need a fresh one? That or you could use linux, since its free, lol.
But its a neat little trick to use on windows :)
Thanks.

Most of you already know this but u can download my DDOS tool for free off facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread