Toshiba 7 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabComplex

May 11, 2012
I've had a toshiba 7 windows laptop for a while, everything was fine today. I logged off for a bit, then I went to log on, and my computer wouldn't start. I unplugged it and took the battery out, and that helped. I turned it on, and everything loads. Once it gets to this; it refreshes and goes back to the menu.
I've tried safe mode, etc.
Any help? :mad:

tyr0ne

Mar 29, 2012
damn that happened to me not so long ago. let me remember what i did and i'll either edit or re-post.

tyr0ne

Mar 29, 2012
do you get a blue screen before it restarts / did you get one the first time it happened?

tyr0ne

Mar 29, 2012
yeah exactly I had this problem, went to reformat but it couldnt find any partition on the disk, which freaked me out.

although it was not the case, everything was still on there and I ended up not having to reformat. if I can find what I did, I really can't remember the part where I made it work again.

The cause of this is the flash player (well for me it was the case anyways) once or twice a day I would watch a video on youtube and it'd crash randomly and restart the computer

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
The harddrive must have corrupted part of the data, that's the easiest way I can say it because my brother dropped his Toshiba on the couch and it had the same problem.
we had to wipe it and reinstall windows

tyr0ne

Mar 29, 2012
The harddrive must have corrupted part of the data, that's the easiest way I can say it because my brother dropped his Toshiba on the couch and it had the same problem.
we had to wipe it and reinstall windows
if it does the same thing as me, which looks like it, when you go ahead and try to restore it using the tools on the computer, the partitions don't show up, so you can't reformat.

it pisses me off because the answer was simple.. ill try to think about it, but i have to go for now. hope you find something

tyr0ne

Mar 29, 2012
I'm not sure about this, but after thinking for a while I think what I did was:

When you start the computer, press F8 (not sure, it can be any F really I dont remember that)
Then I think I went like doing a computer restore.
Long story short, I restored factory settings of windows. So it replaced all the factory windows stuff with new ones.

Like I said this is a rough idea, but it's what I did.

found this with a google search, ironically it's for a toshiba laptop.

1. Copy all your files and documents to an external storage device.
2. Shut down the computer.
3. Turn the PC back on and hit the F8 key repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Option Screen appears.
4. Click "Repair Your Computer" if you are not already on it and then press ENTER
5. choose your country and click OK
6. On the "System Recovery Options Screen" click "Restore Application" which is the last option.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions
8. When prompted, click on "Full Factory Recovery"
9. "Next"
10. Click "Yes"
11. you will notice for a while it seems like nothing is happening, give it some time.
12. After some minutes, recovery will complete and you click "Finish"

Hope it helps and it works out!

Also if you had trouble with flash like I did, all you have to do is right click a flash movie/application, go in settings and disable (untick) the "Enable speeding" thing, idk how it's called my flash is not in english.

tyr0ne

Mar 29, 2012
so when the computer opens, in the first few seconds, you pressed F8 and restored factory settings and even after that it still reloads after the loading?

tyr0ne

Mar 29, 2012
Oh well then maybe you can go in your BIOS and disable the reboot on windows error, take note of the BSOD error and google it.

other than that, I dont see anything else. I really gotta go now, but keep looking on forums and google, maybe you'll find something. that's what I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread