Thoughts?

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
So, I was checking my daily news feed to find this.

‘No ambulance service for woman living by herself’
: A Saudi woman was allegedly refused an ambulance service because she did not have a male guardian present with her in the house.

You can read the full story here:

So, what are your thoughts on this?

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
The part on the end clarifies it's not from the hospital itself. Wonder what the investigation will deliver.

Vanish

Rising Java Developer
Dec 8, 2013
Saudi Arabia has been always like this towards women, No driving and now no ambulance service for women living alone. I expect nothing from Saudi Arabia, no comments, I mean it would be the last place i'd ever go to with my wife if i ever think of getting married.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Saudi Arabia has been always like this towards women, No driving and now no ambulance service for women living alone. I expect nothing from Saudi Arabia, no comments, I mean it would be the last place i'd ever go to with my wife if i ever think of getting married.
If you went with your wife it's alright because then you're considered her male guardian, so it's fine. However, I'd never want to live in a country that only rules according to the Islamic Sharia laws.

Vanish

Rising Java Developer
Dec 8, 2013
If you went with your wife it's alright because then you're considered her male guardian, so it's fine. However, I'd never want to live in a country that only rules according to the Islamic Sharia laws.
Same here, like imagine yourself a lonely woman living in SA, these rules are way too strict, i'd go with Dubai if i was a woman and I wanted to live a happy life.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Same here, like imagine yourself a lonely woman living in SA, these rules are way too strict, i'd go with Dubai if i was a woman and I wanted to live a happy life.
Bad idea as well, I saw many cases of women (foreigners) living in UAE, or only went there for work purposes that ended up getting raped. The court ruled to free the accused of raping and jail the women. If I recall correctly, the famous case of such type was one of a Norwegian woman that got raped by a co-worker.

Anyways, let's stick to the topic.

Vanish

Rising Java Developer
Dec 8, 2013
Bad idea as well, I saw many cases of women (foreigners) living in UAE, or only went there for work purposes that ended up getting raped. The court ruled to free the accused of raping and jail the women. If I recall correctly, the famous case of such type was one of a Norwegian woman that got raped by a co-worker.

Anyways, let's stick to the topic.
Oh yeah that, you're right.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
It's fucked up, you didn't expect something civilized coming from that shithole did you?

Eh, haven't read the entire article, not much time - either way, point still stands.

Users who are viewing this thread