[SUGGESTION] RuneScape Section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayte

Living La Dolce Vita.
Apr 19, 2011
20110713102617Runescape-Logo.png
What is Runescape?
Runescape is an online MMORPG which is based on Combat and skills. You get your own avatar and level it up in a variety of Ways. You can fight monsters and build up your combat level. You can also complete quests in-game which is supplied by NPC's. It is really fun for people who is interested in this type of thing.​
Why have a Section on Runescape?
Well, as there is Runescape Private servers, members on DevBest could join up and work together to create a Runescape Private Server (RSPS). So members could develop a bigger and better idea and make the future of RSPS' bigger and better.​
What is a RSPS?
RSPS stands for Runescape Private Server. On these you can create your avatar like the others. The differences are that RSPS' use the old version of Runescape, so it isn't entirely illegal and it does not break their copyright law. Another difference is that you can use the command ::pure (sometimes different) to make your main skills go to 99. You can still use the furniture that was released in the old version of Runescape.​
What sections to include if you approve this...
  • Runescape Releases
  • Where people release things for a Runescape Private Servers
  • Runescape Help & Support
  • Where people request help with their RSPS
  • Runescape Adverts
  • Where people advertise their RSPS, (if it doesn't fit in with the other Adverts Section).
If you need anything else explained comment below or PM me :).
~ Query.

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
20110713102617Runescape-Logo.png
What is Runescape?
Runescape is an online MMORPG which is based on Combat and skills. You get your own avatar and level it up in a variety of Ways. You can fight monsters and build up your combat level. You can also complete quests in-game which is supplied by NPC's. It is really fun for people who is interested in this type of thing.​
Why have a Section on Runescape?
Well, as there is Runescape Private servers, members on DevBest could join up and work together to create a Runescape Private Server (RSPS). So members could develop a bigger and better idea and make the future of RSPS' bigger and better.​
What is a RSPS?
RSPS stands for Runescape Private Server. On these you can create your avatar like the others. The differences are that RSPS' use the old version of Runescape, so it isn't entirely illegal and it does not break their copyright law. Another difference is that you can use the command ::pure (sometimes different) to make your main skills go to 99. You can still use the furniture that was released in the old version of Runescape.​
What sections to include if you approve this...
  • Runescape Releases
  • Where people release things for a Runescape Private Servers
  • Runescape Help & Support
  • Where people request help with their RSPS
  • Runescape Adverts
  • Where people advertise their RSPS, (if it doesn't fit in with the other Adverts Section).
If you need anything else explained comment below or PM me :).

~ Query.
agreed

runescape should have one

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
We have the MMORPG section with them current sections in it, if there is enough discussion in that section on Runescape then it'll have it's own section.

Section here

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
Nice idea but people say there should be others aswell like WoW etc.

Maybe there should just be a "mmporg" section with subsections like habbo, runescape etc.

Then other subsections with things like:

Runescape Help & Support - Where people request help with their RSPS
Runescape Adverts - Where people advertise their RSPS, (if it doesn't fit in with the other Adverts Section).
Runescape Releases - Where people release things for a Runescape Private Servers

EDIT: Oh yeah, just post in that section and try and get it done :p

frash23

May 26, 2012
It IS entirely illegal.
YOu use copyrighted files, so it is. Just as illegal as habbo servers.
Just saying

Kayte

Living La Dolce Vita.
Apr 19, 2011
It IS entirely illegal.
YOu use copyrighted files, so it is. Just as illegal as habbo servers.
Just saying
Well if Habbo Retros and other ones get away with it, why can't Runescape servers?
And also, it's not 100% breaking their copyright law, as it's their old server which they don't use anymore....

frash23

May 26, 2012
1#, I dont have anything against them or this topic, just pointing out you said something wrong

2# it is illegal as long as its copyrighted, no matter if its in use by their original creator or not

Kayte

Living La Dolce Vita.
Apr 19, 2011
Which leads back to my first point, if the other servers get away with it, why can't Runescape? You're basically saying there should be no habbo section etc.

frash23

May 26, 2012
No, i dont care if its illegal. Also, a lot of habbo private servers are running offshore hosting, and would cost too much for Sulake Oy to take them down. Its exactly the same for RSPS as for Habbo servers. Im not saying i hate it or anything, Just pointing it out

Kayte

Living La Dolce Vita.
Apr 19, 2011
So there's no problem is there?
Also, do you like the idea of a RS section? :3

frash23

May 26, 2012
No, theres no problem just saying its not 100% correct what you say.

I dont play runescape or RSPS, but i like the idea of a RS section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread