Showcasing colour-schemes to a client - a suggestion..

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Want your guys opinions, only give it if you're being serious.. When it comes to first talking with a client, you want be sure you start designing their mockup with as much information as you need. Obviously, a colour-scheme would be a good place to start (design wise).

So I came up with some little mockup that could be edited (super easily) to give the client a better idea of the colour-schemes you may use.
You can view it here:

Basically, all you, as the designer, would do, is to edit the colour-pallets when needed - it's super easy.

Maybe this is a shit idea, there may even be tools already out there for this. I haven't checked, I was playing around with border-radius's and came up with this.
If you think it's worth it, I may recode using compass, so variables can be used for colour-schemes. What do you think, yay or nay?

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
This looks good! and a very good idea aswell. yeah you definitely should use a colour picker so they can change the colour! :)

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
This looks good! and a very good idea aswell. yeah you definitely should use a colour picker so they can change the colour! :)
Yeah that could be done.

At the moment the design is just a quick mockup itself. Just wanting some feedback on the concept for now.

Thanks man.

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Yeah that could be done.

At the moment the design is just a quick mockup itself. Just wanting some feedback on the concept for now.

Thanks man.
the concept is good! just make it when you hover over the colour an colour box opens and you select your colour :) no problemo dude!

Users who are viewing this thread