Recruiting Searching for PHP Developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
Hello DevBest!

I am currently an employee as a mechanical engineer at a local company and they have asked me to design "fresh" new website for them as theirs is outdated. I have been able to design the templates as far as CSS and basic HTML design but my knowledge with PHP is not as approachable as it was to design it. Every office employee wants to be able to edit the website simply with an administrative panel rather than everything being hard-coded because I am the only person who can comprehend website code.

I do know my way around the PHP language and have worked with both MySQL and MySQLi database formats, however I do not feel confident enough to provide a secure less exploitable website script for the company.

I am looking for..

Administrative Panel
  • Ability to edit major content of the website via text boxes and uploading images.
  • Ability to add/remove/edit products listed in the product page.
  • Ability to edit basic website content such as homepage, news and images.
  • Ability to create accounts for each employee and ability to change passwords.
  • Ability to have two specific ranks, a superior rank and an employee rank.
  • Ability to retrieve support tickets via the contact page for customers.
  • Ability to edit banners that are 1200x400 for the carousel on homepage.
Website Script
  • Retrieve product data that has been edited trough administrative panel via product page.
  • Retrieve basic web content from database that has been edited through the administrative panel.
  • Ability to submit support tickets via contact page
  • Ability to have employees login to the administrative panel
  • Ability for customers to request a quote by simply submitting a form with their information and what they are interested in. (Could be combined with contact us)
It may seem far simple for many people, it's a project that I do not have time for. If necessary, I can fund towards people who can assist me with this project. The best way to contact me is via email or PM on devbest.

Images
(Homepage)
EYA6iWeD5Qr1.png

(Products Page)
GhpBBINq4Qr1.png

(Contact Page)
im4PbBNJ4Qr1.png

(Administrative Panel - Products Page)
Crb5VVBq5Qr1.png

I'll leave my email here for your convenience. Any feedback left in the comments is also appreciated. :)

[email protected]

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
I must admire your design, it really looks professionally made.

That being said, MySQL and MySQLi are not database formats, they're PHP extensions. Also, just by reading that your company's employees want it so they'd be able to edit the content of the website through the administrative panel, I understood you're looking for someone to develop a content-management system (CMS) with you (or without you), I hope you understand this is a huge thing and would take a shit load amount of time. Which is why I'm going to ask you to provide us with payment information (how much will the developer be paid etc..), as I'm sure no one would take you up on this for free.

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
I must admire your design, it really looks professionally made.

That being said, MySQL and MySQLi are not database formats, they're PHP extensions. Also, just by reading that your company's employees want it so they'd be able to edit the content of the website through the administrative panel, I understood you're looking for someone to develop a content-management system (CMS) with you (or without you), I hope you understand this is a huge thing and would take a shit load amount of time. Which is why I'm going to ask you to provide us with payment information (how much will the developer be paid etc..), as I'm sure no one would take you up on this for free.

Yes that is correct, we'd like to make it so its easily manageable to where someone who has no idea how to read code can edit the website. Basically yes a Content Management System but not so large, just with the idea of the simple features I provided; hopefully that's not so difficult. I do understand that it will cost, and I will provide funds I don't expect people to do my work and provide their time for free so I have no problem with funding an amount of money to the developer. I will not exceed a over amount but I will provide a fair price to the developer. I would come to a agreed quote before the project started.

I however can do all the designing, I know I'm capable on that end and simple PHP scripts; but the complexity of handling sessions and cookies is not so much my cup of tea. I appreciate you admiring the design, but overall I'll pay the developer whatever we can agree upon is fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread