[RUNESCAPE] [TUTORIAL] Making your very own RSPS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayte

Living La Dolce Vita.
Apr 19, 2011
20110713102617Runescape-Logo.png
Query's Tutorial : Making your Very Own RSPS (Runescape Private Server).

Hey guys, I've been on runescape recently, so much that I wanted to give you all a tutorial on how to make a Runescape Private Server!

This guide includes:
  • <LIST OF SERVERS.
  • Other Basics
Chapter 1
Step 1: Clients

-Moparscape 3.2
This is the most popular client there is and it is most used today.

When you open your client, you may have to wait for some time for the cache to load onto your computer to play. You may also notice when the client loads that there is a username bar, password bar, and a ip bar.

For now you won't need the client but here is what you type

Username: [YOUR USERNAME WITHOUT THE BRACKETS]
Password: [YOUR PASSWORD WITHOUT THE BRACKETS]
Ip address: [IP ADDRESS WITHOUT THE BRACKETS]

You may find the ips on the page.

If you go to file on the top menu of your client you may notice that there are serveral options.

New port: This allows you to switch ports to go on other servers that may have configured on that Particular port. The defult port however is 43594 which will be already set whenever you use your client.

New Server: This means if you are to lazy to type up the ip yourself you may paste it in there.
Ping Server: It is the Server you want to ping to. Just Type/paste the ip address in the box.

Thats is all for clients for now.
Chapter 2 : No-IP / Hamachi.
No-ip and hamachi let other people connect to you through your ip address. No-ip may hide your ip address so others won't know it. The no-ip has a advantage howerver it lets you add your servers to status page.

Hamachi is used if you want a "Private" Server. It uses a password and a special client called hamachi. If you use Hamachi you however do not need to port forward. Hamachi servers may not be added to server status.

No-ip link:
Hamachi:

No-Ip.

Step 1: Go to the link
Step 2: Now Register
Step 3: Now Log in
Step 4: Go to Hosts/ Redirects and select add

Step 5: Now put your servername in the hostname and select the extentsion you want the ip to be in. E.g - query-is-sexyy.no-ip.org.

NOTE: Do not use any other options

Step 6: Now create the host
Step 7: Now go to downloads

Step 8: Choose your sytem
Step 9: Now download it
Step 10: Run the Set up
Step 11: If the program does not run then look in your system tray and find this icon
Step 12: Now right click on the icon and click open
Step 13: Once the program opens the DUC will load and it should appear with your no-ip

Step 7: Now you have set up your no-ip

You do not have to do the next part if you have completed no-ip

Hamachi:
Step 1: Download hamachi from the link i gave you earlier in the post.
Step 2: Run the installation
Step 3: Now open the program
Step 4: now click on this

Step 5: Now click on create network.

Step 6: Once you do that this will pop-up.
Now type in:

Username: SERVER NAME
Password: Whatever you want it to be

You have now created a hamachi server all you need to do is give out the password and username to other people so they can connect.

Chapter 3: Getting a Compressor/ decompressor
These programs help you zip and unzip sources you may download from the downloads section of the forums. So they play a key part.

Winrar works for me now just download it from this link

Chapter 4: JDK.

Well we are using java to play/code the game so we need to install this to compile and run our server.

download it from here

(Download the new version, JDK 6 Update 16)

Step 1: Run the installation

And your finished getting your java development kit!

Chapter 5: Firewall settings

Go to Start Menu > control panel > Windows Firewall
Now make sure you have allow exceptions ticked

Ok now we have to make a path for the compiling now go to:

start menu -> control panel -> system -> advanced -> enviromental variables

Ok now find the variable called "path" in the list in that new screen open. Rename it to "PATH" and then for it's variable value (erase old one):
C:Windows\System32\;"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk (The new version)\bin\"

You will also need to set a variables called "classpath". Make a new variable and give it the name classpath. No add this in for it's value:
"C:\Program Files\Java\Java\jdk(the new version)\bin\"

NOTE: Instead of jdk 6 up 16 type in the version you downloaded this can be check here. By opening your address bar and typing/pasting this in

Code:
C:\Program Files\Java\Java\
Chapter 6: Setting up your server!
There is a download at the top, where it says Server Setup, just click that, and you'll come to a list

Step 1: Extract the file by right-clicking on the zipped folder and click on Extract
Step 2: Right click on compiler.bat
Step 3:Now replace everything in the compiler with this

Code:
@echo off
COLOR 04
title YOURSERVERNAME compiler
echo -------------------------
echo Files Being Compiled...
echo -------------------------
"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_08\bin\javac.exe" -cp . *.java
pause
cls
COLOR 02
echo ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
echo Files Compiled
echo ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
pauseReplce the jdk1.5.0_08 with what you put in the PATH directory

Now save, close and open the compile.bat file

Step 4: It should now open a box
Step 5: If it sucsessully compiled it should say
Files sucessfully compiled
Step 6: Open Client.java
Step 7: When you have that opened go to edit at the top bar and click replace
Step 8: Follow these steps according to the source you will be using

NOTE: If you see something like 'wolf' etc, change it to your username,
If there is something underneath, change it to your Servername.
To edit welcome menu's just find

Quote:
welcome to

and edit them.

Now close, save and compile again.

Now you created your private server.

Now open your client and type this in

Username: Your admin username
Password: Your password
Ip: 127.0.0.1 or leave blank for moparscape

Chapter 7: Port Forwarding

This lets people to connect to your server through the port. There are guide on

To find out your static ip address go to:

start > run > type cmd > Type ip config now some info should come up. All you have to look for is your defult gateway ip address line.

Type your ip address in your address bar on your browser if you don't know where that is.

Now a page should come up with a password and username bar.

NOTE: The defult password and username is admin, this can be known by contacting your isp.

First lets unblock the port:

For Windows Firewall, open its settings file in the control panel. Click on the "Exceptions Tab" and then click "Add Port." Add the following port: 43594. (If you'd rather not open a specific port or have to worry about Windows Firewall disabling access in any way, you can disable it entirely.) Make sure you do that for both UDP and TCP.

Now we will need to make the rule for your router, by doing this you need to go into your router. You can do this by going into Internet Explorer (or whatever client you use for the Internet), and then type in the IP address of the router. Now log into the router and go into "advanced" (at top of screen on mine). Then on the sidebar to the left click the "gaming" button (is only left side for me...) Then you need to make a new rule and fill in the blanks with this information:

Name: SERVERNAME
IP address: Your ip address
TCP Ports to open: 43594
UDP Ports to open:
Inbound Filter: Allow All
Schedule: Always
NOTE; I DIDN'T MAKE ALL OF THIS, SO IF THERE IS AN ERROR, I AM SORRY. PLEASE COMMENT BELOW AND I WILL TRY TO HELP. THEREFORE, NOT ALL CREDIT GOES TO ME, I JUST EDITED THIS SLIGHTLY SO IT GIVES YOU MORE CHANCE THAT IT WILL WORK.
Thank you Thank you
Query.

ChunkyCurry

Jan 4, 2012
Pictures Would Make It Even better, I've known rs for a long time i was able to host my own but then i gave up

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I'm sure this has been posted a few times before, but the tutorial is better than the ones I have seen.

Pretty much explains how to setup a runescape server, I think anyone would be able to set one up of this tutorial - Thanks I will give this to my friends as they're always looking for such tutorials.

Tomm

The Legend
Aug 19, 2012
Haha nice tutorial. Set out nice n' clear. I remember the times when I sued to play RSPS' lol.. kinda brings back a few memories ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread