RevCMS VIP News Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blasteh

big tits
Apr 3, 2013
So I'm trying to make it so only VIP users (vip_rank 2 and 3) can comment on news articles. So with that being said vip_rank 1, should receive an error message such as the below, but with a red message saying "You must be Silver or Gold VIP to post a comment!". I find there's some users that come to the hotel to advertise and spam the comment section. Also, I'd like a way to make sure there's only 1 comment per user.

I've tried some things, but can't seem to narrow down on it.

News comments:

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
That's some nasty looking code bruh, but if you haven't found a solution I will help you once I wake up, just leave me a PM, goodnight.
Edit: Anyway why not just call a function that returns badge id based by user rank, instead of having 9x the same lines of coding, where the differences is only the badge itself?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Blasteh

big tits
Apr 3, 2013
Really bad coded, review edit of my comment.
Retro community itself is 6-8 year old outdated when it comes to CMS..

Most hotels still use RevCMS, I don't see a better CMS out there yet honestly. BrainCMS is ugly, UberCMS is old and not much support on it anymore. To be honest, most people use this CMS still due to the fact there's a lot of support for it.

Give us the entire file rather than the comments area.

Not all hotels. :)

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Try this..

I re-did the commenting a little, as it was very uh. Wild? Might be a syntax error as haven't tested. I made it so VIP ranks 2/3 can comment and users ranked >= 4 (so 4 or over).

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
It works great! Another issue, whenever someone posts a comment, it'll say they posted it – but when you press F5 it'll keep posting the same comment as a spam. Any fix for this?
Just check if there already exists a comment with the same text, if yes, then it should output you cant comment the same as another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread