RevCMS Community / IP Issue

Blasteh

big tits
Apr 3, 2013
So recently, some user came to my hotel asking for assistance. He then asked if I can go to the /community page because he couldn't access it. So I did, I couldn't either. It would load community, but then send you back to /me each time. So after about 5 minutes, I tried again. I then was logged out for some reason, so I logged back in and it's been working since.

Then, when I went to the users database, I noticed that his IP was not showing. It was showing something like "2526:f180:0003:0117:0197:b2a5:712f:cdad" (These numbers are randomized, but this is what is showed).

Anyone know what this could be?

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Show us the community.php file or PM it if you prefer.

That IP address is an IPv6 address, it's perfectly normal and is becoming more and more popular (which is a good thing).

If for whatever reason you do not like the IPv6 address, you can get a psuedo one generated by Cloudflare (if you use Cloudflare). But I'd like it, the IP address is fine.

Blasteh

big tits
Apr 3, 2013
Show us the community.php file or PM it if you prefer.

That IP address is an IPv6 address, it's perfectly normal and is becoming more and more popular (which is a good thing).

If for whatever reason you do not like the IPv6 address, you can get a psuedo one generated by Cloudflare (if you use Cloudflare). But I'd like it, the IP address is fine.
Nothing special about my community.php anyways. Okay, I was just wondering. I never really noticed it before, some IP's are the public IP's and the others are IPv6.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Nothing special about my community.php anyways. Okay, I was just wondering. I never really noticed it before, some IP's are the public IP's and the others are IPv6.

What about class.core.php? Does the "community" case come under anything that would redirect.

Core

Nov 10, 2016

Both kinds of IP's are public? The kind you're referring to as being 'public' are IPv4 (usually is like 127.0.0.1). Whereas the kind in your database is an IPv6 address. It's just the next generation protocol - not everyone is assigned them yet but in time they will be once it's more widely supported. Main reason is that IPv4 would eventually run out as limited amount and so many devices are joining the internet; IPv6 just allows for trillions more xD.

Ontopic;
Is this only occuring with the community.php?

Users who are viewing this thread