[REQUEST] Opinions

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
So as some of you might know, I have a portfolio which can be found here:

How ever recent inspiration has led to this:
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what I currently have coded, the three images is apart of a slider which is fully functioning.

Now I need opinions do I:
A. Continue this and make it my portfolio
B. Release it as a template and keep my current portfolio

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Yeah this has potential but don't do what I did.. Constantly change my portfolio as it's kind of off-putting to people who visit it often :p

Anyway this has potential and if you feel it's more flexible than your current portfolio, go for this. At the moment I prefer your current portfolio but I think with some work this could be much better. Just a couple personal tips about this design:
  • Try and keep the padding between sections equal and consistant, it just makes it flow better (It mostly is, but I mean for the "Latest and greatest" part)
  • Make the navigation a bit bigger and maybe have an active state on the current section, so it looks more than just text placed there?
  • I'd use less border-radius on the images as the design feels more boxy and maybe even no radius would look better, you'd have to try and find out for yourself
Anyway these are just my opinion, you've been doing design for a while so you know what you like ;) Keep up the work man, been doing well recently!

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
Yeah this has potential but don't do what I did.. Constantly change my portfolio as it's kind of off-putting to people who visit it often :p

Anyway this has potential and if you feel it's more flexible than your current portfolio, go for this. At the moment I prefer your current portfolio but I think with some work this could be much better. Just a couple personal tips about this design:
  • Try and keep the padding between sections equal and consistant, it just makes it flow better (It mostly is, but I mean for the "Latest and greatest" part)
  • Make the navigation a bit bigger and maybe have an active state on the current section, so it looks more than just text placed there?
  • I'd use less border-radius on the images as the design feels more boxy and maybe even no radius would look better, you'd have to try and find out for yourself
Anyway these are just my opinion, you've been doing design for a while so you know what you like ;) Keep up the work man, been doing well recently!
Thank you for your feedback :)
I just feel like I could do a lot better since I've improved quite a bit since I made that portfolio. This would be my last change for a while and I'd than be able to release my old portfolio as a free project.

It still requires a bit of work and I do need to make sure the spaces are equal. I always get stuck when doing active states, is it pure CSS? If so please help and I'll play around with the borders.

Users who are viewing this thread