Religious Debate

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
A while ago, Khalil started this thread:
However, people started offending other people. Still this is a good debate, and it should be continued.

Everyone is entitled in his own opinion, but please REFRAIN from insulting other religions and/or people.

ButtLord420

Please delete my devbest account.
Dec 11, 2010
If catholic's where right then this would be the case.

God made adam and eve. Adam and eve had 2 sons. One son killed the other in greed.

If this was the case then the only was to continue population was for the left over son to have sex with his mum.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
If catholic's where right then this would be the case.

God made adam and eve. Adam and eve had 2 sons. One son killed the other in greed.

If this was the case then the only was to continue population was for the left over son to have sex with his mum.
This doesn't sound right at all. If one son killed the other one in greed, Adam would still be alive. Even if a daughter was born, it would be incest though at some point. However, in all drawings both Adam and Eve are having a Navel, however they were never born, they were made.

I am raised to believe in God, however when time passed I started to believe less, and now not anymore.

Aercor

The Official Gay
Oct 1, 2011
Athiest myself, but I can respect other in having their own. I find no reason to hate someone for having a religion, even if I don't agree with it.

ButtLord420

Please delete my devbest account.
Dec 11, 2010
This doesn't sound right at all. If one son killed the other one in greed, Adam would still be alive. Even if a daughter was born, it would be incest though at some point. However, in all drawings both Adam and Eve are having a Navel, however they were never born, they were made.

I am raised to believe in God, however when time passed I started to believe less, and now not anymore.

but they say that him and eve only had 2 kids.

I am raised to believe in god however I do not believe the creation story. 
just researched and apparently he had a few kids who all married each other etc. depends on what you have faith in.

Lirinya

Jan 26, 2013
Religion is always cause for upset. People who appose video games or anime for example can say what they want without the other being insulted but, criticize religion and oh gosh, you have a problem. I can't call myself an Atheist but nor am I religious, I simply don't know.

I wasn't brought by a religious family but I had influences around me. I went to a junior school which was based on Christianity, like most, we had the local father come in each Friday and give a small service, we sung hymns and did prayers. My grandma's neighbors were religious and you couldn't visit them without them telling you about church and how you should go with them.

Religion, regardless of which it is - is just another way of life. Like my choice to be interested in video games and not sport, a Christians decision is to follow a religion. I see it as a waste of time, but I am sure a lot see my interests and lifestyle as a waste also.

People usually claim religion teaches good morals but really, all I see is a set of glorified rules. Religion doesn't teach morals. They tell you that you should be good to each other but, common sense and maturity teaches morals. If you have common sense, you will know to teach people with respect should you want to be respected back. Religion didn't teach me to look after the poor, it simply suggested it, I make a choice to donate to charity when I can and help others because that's the kind of person I am, I don't need a religion to tell me to do it. etc, etc, etc.

I'm quite tolerant with religion, maybe because I don't know what I think on the subject ultimately. Unless we invent time travel, nobody can prove nor disprove any of these people in religion existed and did what they said they did.

Some religion fascinates me. I follow a few Muslim artists on DeviantArt and they post a lot of things in defense of their religion. Some of the things that they write are rather beautiful but, they don't make me think "Actually, maybe I'm wrong not to follow them. Maybe I should convert." They're just good stories in my eyes and, until somebody can hand me proof that people like God, Jesus etc existed, I will always say the same.

TL;DR: Not religions, people have own lifestyles, give me proof then I'll say otherwise.

Cadger

Mar 20, 2013
I have a weird phobia of churches and religious practice- and I've given it some though. My fear arose from knowing what power religion has over people. I don't dispute those who believe in religion or intelligent design, I just think that people take their faith too far. I believe it's taken "too far" when someone tries to force their faith on someone else or it causes others harm. P.s cool thread

Roon

Mar 31, 2013
I'm agnostic, meaning open for religion but none of them sound merely believable.
The only religion that is MERELY believable and that I'd attempt would be Buddhism. Such a peaceful and respected religion.

Hitler

Apr 21, 2013
I'm personally Atheist, although I believe in re-incarnation, but people are entitled to their own opinion. I don't understand how there's meant to be this one mighty guy who lives above, and the idea of going to a magical place after death is stupid. If we're all Gods children, what's so special about Jesus? The bible basically claims that homosexuals are an unnatural abomination.

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination"
Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."

Yet, a talking snake isn't an unnatural abomination? Science has told us that everything was formed by chemical reactions in the atmosphere and everywhere else in general (except the planet itself, which was formed in a collision with the moon(?)), forming minor living organisms which evolved and adapted. This is just stuff I remember from watching documentaries and in school, apart from the quote from Le Bible.

If I'm incorrect in my statement please tell me, I love to learn new things :)

Find

Posting Freak
Jun 21, 2012
I'm personally Atheist, although I believe in re-incarnation, but people are entitled to their own opinion. I don't understand how there's meant to be this one mighty guy who lives above, and the idea of going to a magical place after death is stupid. If we're all Gods children, what's so special about Jesus? The bible basically claims that homosexuals are an unnatural abomination.

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination"
Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."

Yet, a talking snake isn't an unnatural abomination? Science has told us that everything was formed by chemical reactions in the atmosphere and everywhere else in general (except the planet itself, which was formed in a collision with the moon(?)), forming minor living organisms which evolved and adapted. This is just stuff I remember from watching documentaries and in school, apart from the quote from Le Bible.

As far as the talking snake is concerned, wasn't that mean't to be Satan? So I can't see how that and 2 men sleeping together can really be compared to the same thing. But I'm atheist.

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013

I strongly agree with this statement.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
Was discussing this with my friend on Skype and we found this on Facebook and I kind of agree (no disrespect to Muslims intended).
"Muslims are acting just like the first century Christians. They were offended by practically everything and destroyed things and people who offended their fragile sense of faith :)"

Any opinions on that?

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
I think there maybe a 'god' of some description. I don't think 'he/she/they' created the world, due to the amount we speculate over that scientific period. It could be just a science evolution and then someone had the idea to come up with 'god'.

I respect others thought and I'm not against anyone who believes in God/Religion.

AssLikeThat

Posting Freak
Jan 27, 2013
I think there could be a "God", but not necessarily what we portray god to be.. It could be an object, a star anything and like zMagenta said i don't think it/he/she/whatever created the world but i believe it's there to give us hope and something to look up to :)

Brackson

卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍
Jun 20, 2013
I refuse to accept that I was the result of incest. I also refuse to accept any religion that demeans or belittles me for who I am or for what others are.

"I'm not religious, I'm an atheist, and a militant atheist when religion starts impacting on legislation." -- Daniel Radcliffe

Users who are viewing this thread