putting another's work in webmarket?

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
If you have there permission its legal united States wise if they don't know or don't give permission you can get a hefty fine
No? It's only illegal if you're giving away paid software for free, or linking to a site where your selling an illegal copy of the (paid) software. Which I doubt Wassim is referring to.

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
No? It's only illegal if you're giving away paid software for free, or linking to a site where your selling an illegal copy of the (paid) software. Which I doubt Wassim is referring to.
Okay if a company gives permission to another company to sell there product they can if a company asks to sell there product and says no they can be sued for copyright infringement

Dicks

Feb 9, 2014
If you have there permission its legal united States wise if they don't know or don't give permission you can get a hefty fine
Okay if a company gives permission to another company to sell there product they can if a company asks to sell there product and says no they can be sued for copyright infringement
If you follow the copyright for what you are trying to release/sell/whatever, it's legal. If the person who originally released the software didn't include a license then they're fucking retarded and their software is probably shit anyways.

Last edited:

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
Someone makes an open source free software/scrip/template i ask if i can share it, and they agree. I distribute it free via the webmarket with its original owners permision

Dicks

Feb 9, 2014
Wtf are you talking about?
Example. A website template is released under the . Under that license, you're allowed to re-release, sell, and distribute the website template as long as you retain the original copyright notice. If someone wanted to put that on Devbest's web market (although I don't really know why they would want to [this question is sort of silly]), they can do so as long as they follow the software license.

Pro

Insane in the midbrain.
Oct 14, 2010
A. It should not be a problem to put others work in the web-market but then you would refer the payment to the owner / developer his Paypal and you would have permissions to sell it from the developer / owner from whatever you've made.

B. He / she should include credits of the people who've really made it and if possible then the co-developers and people who've thought about making it whatever you know what I mean.

As easy as it is it's just not much of a good idea it would be a good idea if both of the things above where done but I don't think that's ever going to happen so to really bother for it it's just not worth the effort.

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
Guys you all like, its fine its fine but in the end we all know @RastaLulz gives the final answer

And please close thread when answered im getting all useless notifications

Users who are viewing this thread