Private Section - Help, Support & Reasonings [Suggestion]

Blueoptic

Time Is Money
Jun 23, 2014
Private Section - Help, Support & Reasonings

The Help & Support section as I see it, has no actual influence in getting "help" from that specific area. It is poor, and unorganized. I would like to propose why I see that it has no strength, and what can be added to make the section valid for what its intended to be.
I made a recent support thread profound to why I was wrongfully banned from the Shoutbox. For what I had read, from the members who replied; saying there was a Global Rules list. But for none of which I posted that had any influence to my punishment.

I was banned for posting a "Pop-up link" that was directed to the theme "Halloween" as we know of it as; Spooky, Scary, Funny, NON HARMFUL.
As is, the link I posted wasn't even anything to be scared of, but intended only if someone were to have volume on, as the screen flashed a face concealing "Jeff the Killer." My intent was to have the Shoutbox members reactions. Ex; "Haha good one, that was a spooky scare, you sure got me there!" Happy Halloween, or not..

I was banned without any consent of "Notification, Warning, Message," anything. I don't even know who did it. I completely disagree on the fact that any Moderator, has the access to ban anywhom without argument. No reason, I see that as easy abusive power. For what I was told, I'm suppose to redirect my problems to "any" staff member.

Canadian Said:

2udxd9g.png

In my response I said:

What do you think of myself being banned for what I shared here in the "Help and Support" section? I know I did nothing wrong, I read the rules, I don't know how I was even infracted for any of the rules listed.

What do you mean, "threads of this nature aren't aloud", Am I not aloud to post public support? Infact there should be a private section for whom moderators can reply with help and support for, instead of making it a public neccessity. This also would answer my questions, if I didn't know who banned me. Private messaging random staff members isnt necessary. Even profound to say why.

(I don't know how the banning system here works fully) but, what if us "banned" members were for some reason "permanently banned" on the forums without reason? How would one even try an contact "any" staff member. What if that member was wrongfully punished? What would they do? Nothing. Trying to report your situation to a random moderator with him/her having no idea of the situation would be dumb. Your chances of you being unbanned are 25%, if you were banned, but were able to put up an appeal to a "private section" you could be answered with one - numerous other staff members to make a group decision.

How to fix the "Help and Support" Section
  1. Validate how help and support can be reached, with numerous options; type of help (Personal account information, Players, staff, Mutes, Bans etc)
  2. Make 2 sections dealing with Public/Private Support; The public; member responses/staff Vs The private; staff response only.
  3. Have your Private Section concealed!

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
I like the idea of a private section for banned users to post as most don't know who banned them and it can make staff quite annoyed to have a random user PM them. The current system of PMing the staff that banned you doesn't work as nobody knows who banned them unless they were arguing with the staff member

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I like the idea of a private section for banned users to post as most don't know who banned them and it can make staff quite annoyed to have a random user PM them. The current system of PMing the staff that banned you doesn't work as nobody knows who banned them unless they were arguing with the staff member
I agree with the Canadian.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
I feel like another thing to implement to go along with this, is if the user posts something in the private or public section make it so they can only post 1 time in each, so its not getting spammed.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
I feel like another thing to implement to go along with this, is if the user posts something in the private or public section make it so they can only post 1 time in each, so its not getting spammed.
I don't think this would be helpful. If a staff member asks them a question they wouldn't be able to respond. Just disable post count

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
I don't think this would be helpful. If a staff member asks them a question they wouldn't be able to respond. Just disable post count
I'm sorry I did not mean post, I mean create threads. Limit to 1 each. So if they are denied, they can't keep posting. Now if they are granted unbanned then it will reset so if they get banned again they may post again

Users who are viewing this thread