PlusEMU + GigaNetworks?

Blasteh

big tits
Apr 3, 2013
Hello,
Recently, I bought a VPS off GigaNetworks, and it's working great. I forget the member that suggested me, but it's good and I have nothing bad to say.

I had the VPS for about 5-6 days now, there was a user named "Jake" from the GigaNetworks that came on and claimed he worked there. Which I'm 99.99% sure he did, he wasn't suspicious or anything, but he wanted to edit my SWF and change the "Habbo Staff" badge above the staff's head, I said yes. I did not give him any credentials or anything. He said "Permission to connect?" and I said yes, he seemed pretty legit. He then connected to my VPS, tried to change the badge, but it didn't work. Then he stayed for a solid 3 hours or so just talking and being civil. Ever since he "edited" the swf at random times, all players in the hotel will not be able to walk. I have to restart the emulator for them to be able to move around again. I'm not saying it was because of him or anything, it could be another factor. I am NOT hating on them or trying to give them bad reputation. I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before?

JynX

Posting Freak
Feb 6, 2016
Although you are 100% correct I did edit it, but I did keep a backup and I did revert said changes and I do not believe this is a bug to do with the staff.swf, but it is a bug, and yea seems pretty serious.

Blasteh

big tits
Apr 3, 2013
Although you are 100% correct I did edit it, but I did keep a backup and I did revert said changes and I do not believe this is a bug to do with the staff.swf, but it is a bug, and yea seems pretty serious.
Yes, I understand. I am not bashing you or your host, I'm just explaining the story. Of course I'm going to stay with the host, I was just describing it to people to see if they had the same problem. No hard feelings intended.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Yes, I understand. I am not bashing you or your host, I'm just explaining the story. Of course I'm going to stay with the host, I was just describing it to people to see if they had the same problem. No hard feelings intended.
The staff badge is not found in the habbo.swf, in order to change the staff badge you have to navigate to your swf folder and edit the file called 'Staff.swf'.
Restart your emulator and users should be able to walk. PlusEMU has a glitch SOMETIMES when you start the emulator users can't walk - that is NORMAL. Just restart it.
From a professional standpoint this wasn't the correct steps to take. The badge is not found in the habbo.swf for future reference (read above). In this type of situation you should have asked to help outside of who her host is. As a hosting company you shouldn't be visiting your clients websites. They purchase from your host to remain anonymous the best that they can and to have a trustworthy host. By doing this you could be giving your reputation a bad name, as helpful as you are trying to be. Going onto their game and letting users know who your host is prevents us from having that "anonymous" atmosphere. I would prefer if people who came on didn't know the vps host I use mainly because you guys stick between a few IP ranges and they could just guess until they find my ip address if they knew what IP range you had.

I was the one who suggested GigaHost and I still do enjoy their hosting and have never had any type of experience such as this.

Blasteh

big tits
Apr 3, 2013
The staff badge is not found in the habbo.swf, in order to change the staff badge you have to navigate to your swf folder and edit the file called 'Staff.swf'.
Restart your emulator and users should be able to walk. PlusEMU has a glitch SOMETIMES when you start the emulator users can't walk - that is NORMAL. Just restart it.
I do restart it, but sometimes out of no where users will not be able to walk, most of the time, I'm not home so I have to use my phone to restart the hotel which is kind of annoying.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
I do restart it, but sometimes out of no where users will not be able to walk, most of the time, I'm not home so I have to use my phone to restart the hotel which is kind of annoying.
wait, while the emulator is running so it will randomly stop users from walking? That has nothing to do with the habbo.swf....

Users who are viewing this thread