[PHP] Synk

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCranavvo

nope! not really!
Oct 27, 2011
Hey there guys, I'd like to discuss a small system I'm currently developing called "Synk". Synk is a 1 on 1 private messaging system where the owner (your IP) creates a password protected room and shares this room with your recipient (guest IP). Once the recipient has joined the room his IP is then tied with the room making the room only accessible by you and him/her. You'll only be able to create 1 room per household, I know this might sound odd, but these rooms were designed to be closed once the chat has ended, so if you're conversation is over, please close the room, or we'll have to do it for you.

Synk was made because I see a lot of people asking to add them on Skype, MSN etc and some then realise; "It's buggy", "Doesn't work", "Forgot password". So you're on a browser, generate a room and then, "Synk" with the person, easy as that. I've got a lot to do with Synk and a lot of work to go, i've had it open to the public recently and been on join.me coding it and handing out some info about stuff, and I'll be working on more of it later/soon.

cranavvo-9NPkxe.png

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Most sites have private messaging, and it's not hard to communicate via an instant messaging service.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I agree with Rasta, but I'm all up for the development as this section isn't getting much developments lately, so go for it!

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Another flaw with this idea is that the initial user would have to give the other user the link privately (which is the whole purpose of this idea in the first place), otherwise a shit load of people would join.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Seems a good idea I guess, good luck.

Another flaw with this idea is that the initial user would have to give the other user the link privately (which is the whole purpose of this idea in the first place), otherwise a shit load of people would join.

He could maybe make sure only two people can be in the room? ;D

- EDIT - Read the first post again. 'You'll only be able to create 1 room per household'

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
He could maybe make sure only two people can be in the room? ;D

- EDIT - Read the first post again. 'You'll only be able to create 1 room per household'
Yes, but if your in a public space and share a link, more often than not the person who is meant to click the link will be someone else. Therefore, how do you make sure that only the person that you want to speak with joins, instead of having to filter through multiple "trolls" until you get to the person you actually want. Sure you could introduce accounts, but isn't that basically what you're trying to get away from?

Also, by one room per household I think that he means that you cannot have multiple chats open at the same time; you can join another chat once you've close your current one.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Yes, but if your in a public space and share a link, more often than not the person who is meant to click the link will be someone else. Therefore, how do you make sure that only the person that you want to speak with joins, instead of having to kick filter through five "trolls" until you get to the person you actually want.

Also, by one room per household I think that he means that you cannot have multiple chats open at the same time; you can join another chat once you've close your current one.

Never thought of it that way, I have to agree then, this has more flaws than good points. As most sites we visit have a method of communicating with the other partner pretty easy. Such as forums, Habbo.. Ebay and much more.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Looks pretty cool, anything else done? ;p

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Looking good, however im thinking the same as Josh & Craig (above comments), if it can only be 1 on 1, then to give a person a private link, you will need to speak to them 1 on 1 to start with? it doesnt make sense.
But good luck with the project

iCranavvo

nope! not really!
Oct 27, 2011
Looking good, however im thinking the same as Josh & Craig (above comments), if it can only be 1 on 1, then to give a person a private link, you will need to speak to them 1 on 1 to start with? it doesnt make sense.
But good luck with the project
I coded Synk to work with multiple users as well as one since people are kinda' demanding.

Looks pretty cool, anything else done? ;p
Not really ahah. I'm going to implementing smilies, just for user satisfaction.

iCranavvo

nope! not really!
Oct 27, 2011
make an identifier.
This is also coded with Synk. You're able to register your IP into the database to give it a name. I understand the household flaw. I'll probably re-thin it sooner or later. Probably do like a session or something ♥

Synk BETAI have opened up Synk to the public so now you guys can do a troll and make rooms and such. More things will be coming stay tuned! Errors and bugs may be found.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Everyone's IP is shown. Don't be so scared. There's something that I'm wrapping together to allow you to change it to your username or w/e.
Ahh right sweet. You should do delete/edit message too. Idk if you already have, I only posted a message the shut the site down.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
That chat is painfully slow; literally takes a minute or two to send a message.

Also, you should never show someones IP. If anything, assign names likes Guest001, Guest002, etc.

iCranavvo

nope! not really!
Oct 27, 2011
That chat is painfully slow; literally takes a minute or two to send a message.

Also, you should never show someones IP. If anything, assign names likes Guest001, Guest002, etc.
I had this suggested. I'll probably do that. Also I'm on a basic host so it may be slow, sorry.

//edit
IP's are now turned into Guest.rand(); ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread