Request Photoshop Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaza

Sep 22, 2012
Hey guys,

I was just wondering how people make a Habbo characters arm wave, even though they've print screened it? I can't really explain it, but it's basically making one section of the character move left and right. I'm guessing it'll have to be a GIF aswell.

If anyone has knowledge of this, and knows how to do it, please tell me how to do it? Or make a little, simple tutorial for me?

If so, thanks.

Schizophrenia

Jul 4, 2012
Wave back and forth you say? It's quite simple, and it seems you are on the right track. As with any .GIF image, or animations in general, they work with separate pictures at being scrolled through with little to barely any detail difference at such a high speed that it basically tricks your brain into thinking your viewing something moving, since your brain isn't fast enough to perceive each frame as they go by. I've made this quite noob friendly, so enjoy.

To create a .GIF animation of said habbo character waving, you can achieve basically the exact effect as you would have seen on a hotel of some sort doing this.

What your going to need is:
- A screen recorder of some sort. I would recommend Beepa's "Fraps" as it has an option for recording at any frame rate and is basically meant for PC game capturing in the first place. But anything from Hypercam to Camstudio SHOULD work if you have enough ram and a good computer. Make sure your exporting to either .AVI, .MOV, .MPG or .MPEG as these are the only formats Photoshop can support!

- Photoshop, or really any way of editing the frames once they are recorded.

1.) Now, once you have all of that ready basically, get online on a hotel, setup fraps or your preferred screen capture software so that you can record and record your user, waving. Now stop, export and find your footage and open up Photoshop.

2.) In Photoshop, start by going to the top and selecting, "File -> IMPORT -> VIDEO FRAMES TO LAYERS". A small open file box should pop open, and from there, using the directory of wherever you saved your footage of your user waving, open your footage.

3.) Your whole video should now be in layers, from frame to frame inside of your Layers window, which if you don't have open just go to Windows on the top bar you found "File" from and select Layers from the drop-down menu.

4.) Using the layers window, you can now edit each frame as you go down, but before you edit you should delete whatever frames you don't need such as the frames of your idle character or any other messups. You can take out the backround easily by cropping your user out, and you can add various effects such as a rainbow colored stroke effect around the user as he/she waves, the sky is the limit here.

5.) Once your finished, editing your frames and you want to upload this wherever online, all you need to do is export it as a .GIF using the drop down menu you get in the Save As or Export. . . window after selecting export for web, or export, depending on your version of Photoshop.

6.) Export somewhere you can access easily like the desktop or pictures folder, and you can either save your .PSD or close photoshop. But I would save in case you've made an error and need to go back and edit.

Enjoy :)

Schizophrenia

Jul 4, 2012
Wave back and forth you say? It's quite simple, and it seems you are on the right track. As with any .GIF image, or animations in general, they work with separate pictures at being scrolled through with little to barely any detail difference at such a high speed that it basically tricks your brain into thinking your viewing something moving, since your brain isn't fast enough to perceive each frame as they go by.

To create a .GIF animation of said habbo character waving, you can achieve basically the exact effect as you would have seen on a hotel of some sort doing this.

What your going to need is:
- A screen recorder of some sort. I would recommend Beepa's "Fraps" as it has an option for recording at any frame rate and is basically meant for PC game capturing in the first place. But anything from Hypercam to Camstudio SHOULD work if you have enough ram and a good computer. Make sure your exporting to either .AVI, .MOV, .MPG or .MPEG as these are the only formats Photoshop can support!

- Photoshop, or really any way of editing the frames once they are recorded.

1.) Now, once you have all of that ready basically, get online on a hotel, setup fraps or your preferred screen capture software so that you can record and record your user, waving. Now stop, export and find your footage and open up Photoshop.

2.) In Photoshop, start by going to the top and selecting, "File -> IMPORT -> VIDEO FRAMES TO LAYERS". A small open file box should pop open, and from there, using the directory of wherever you saved your footage of your user waving, open your footage.

3.) Your whole video should now be in layers, from frame to frame inside of your Layers window, which if you don't have open just go to Windows on the top bar you found "File" from and select Layers from the drop-down menu.

4.) Using the layers window, you can now edit each frame as you go down, you can take out the backround easily by cropping your user out, and you can add various effects such as a rainbow colored stroke effect around the user as he/she waves, the sky is the limit here.

5.) Once your finished, editing your frames and you want to upload this wherever online, all you need to do is export it as a .GIF using the drop down menu you get after saving and viola.

Slaza

Sep 22, 2012
Thank you very much, this has been very useful.

Much appreciated, thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread