[PC] Computer Hardware For Programming?

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
Hello World!
i am creating a programming computer here is what i have and what i need it to do.
What i have:
  1. AMD FX-4300 Quad Core Processor
  2. 1TB HDD + 250GB HDD
  3. MSI 970A-G43 Mother Board
  4. 8GB RAM
What i need to do:
  1. Fast Programming Environment for PHP, MYSQL and C++
  2. Watch Anime From Here to There
Can some one tell me what other hardware i need? and what kind of graphics card is good for everyday use? e.x. Watching Anime, Just Programming, Web Design
Thanks ;3

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Your computer has perfectly fine specs for that... I have a 2gb ram intel atom laptop I usually code on, the only reason that one would be slow is if you bought it prebuilt and it's bloated with shit software, in that case reinstall windows (Pirate it, it's awesome, all the cool kids are doing it)

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
Your computer has perfectly fine specs for that... I have a 2gb ram intel atom laptop I usually code on, the only reason that one would be slow is if you bought it prebuilt and it's bloated with shit software, in that case reinstall windows (Pirate it, it's awesome, all the cool kids are doing it)
No inter grated graphics need card idk what to get

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
No inter grated graphics need card idk what to get
I'm 300% sure it has integrated graphics lol... if there's no graphics card how have you been using it? I put the same processor in a computer for my father, with no graphics card, it still worked. CTRL + F Graphics.

Either way, I'd suggest getting anything in here ( ) that meets your criteria (It's $25-$50 USD, any card works just depends on what cable your monitor usess (I.E: VGA, HDMI, DVI-I)

Users who are viewing this thread